I cant add a credit card to my account

trudyb
New Community Member

Please can anyone help me. I wish to add a credit card to my Paypal account. I complete all the required credit card details and I receive the error message listed below.

We were unable to process your credit card registration at this time. We apologise for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date.

I have a debit card attached to my account but also wish to attach my credit card. I have tried doing so at a later date but this went on for over three days still receiving the same error message ???

Thanks in advance...

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_Sophie

Hi reynanqt,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

The error message you're describing is very common, and is most commonly linked to a denial on the card issuer's side. I would suggest contacting the bank who issued the card to you directly, in order to confirm that it's activated for online use.

If you speak with the general customer support at your bank, and they advise that there are no issues with the card, you may want to ask to speak with the online payments team, as they would be able to provide a bit more insight into what's happening. Once you have done this, please try adding the card again.

Thanks in advance

Sophie

Login to Me Too

xhani
Contributor
Contributor

Hello i have the same problem as some people here
i tried to update my card and it didnt worked after that i deleted it and tried to add it again and now this message comes up 
We were unable to process your credit card registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date.

i have contacted my bank after paypal on facebook told me so and my bank told me my card was fine which it really was because i have it connected also to other payment providers on the internet without having problems 
i sent an email to paypal support and noone seems to answer 

cmon guys i need to make a withdrawal 
Please kindly check and resolve my problem 
i have always used paypal as my primary way to pay and get payed on the internet 

Login to Me Too

jabx123
New Community Member

I am having a similar problem I was unable to remove my out of date back up card so contacted paypal and they removed it for me but now I am unable to add a new card,when i click on the link to add a card nothing happens I have spoken to support they advised me to clear cookies etc and try a different browser but still can not add a card this is getting very frustrating

Login to Me Too

xhani
Contributor
Contributor

still paypal says its my banks problem 
and paypal doesnt allows me to reinstate my old card aswell

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Xhani, 

I am sorry to hear that you are still having troubles with adding the card. I am afraid that we can only provide general information here on the Community.

In your case it would be best to contact our customer service team again. They are the only ones who can review your account and let you know why this is happening and help. 

I hope that they will be able to resolve it for you. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Mogolent
New Community Member
Hi Same problem for me Nothing happens when I try to remove/add account or card Something wrong with PayPal website... Before latest app updates all worked fine for me....
Login to Me Too

Imanlukman
Contributor
Contributor

I also encountered the same problem
at this time I can not add my debit card
and also can not transfer to a local bank in Indonesia
Please help me
because I need the money
thank you

Login to Me Too

dipali

Please anybdy  can u help me i cant add a credit card to my account

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi dipali,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

If you are experiencing issues with adding your card, we always recommend firstly contacting the bank who issued the card to you to ensure that it's activated for use on our system, as this is the most common reason for running into issues like this. Once you have done this, we recommend trying to add the card again.

I hope this helps!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

TBM900
New Community Member

Have the same problem. I have already been with both my credit card company and with paypal customer service for over an hour.

1. Yes my billing address is identical

2. Yes plenty of limit on my card

3. Yes I can do international transactions....I do them all the time directly with the card!

The problem is not the bank it is Paypal's awful new website!

My next step is to simply close the account!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.