Help closing an old account and getting my new one verified!!

Lindsaylou2703
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys,

Well , where do i start...

This is a last ditch attempt to sort out my account status.

I have just opened a new account with Paypal ready to sell some items.

I tried to verify my account but recieved a message stating that my bank details are already registered on another account.

I had a 2hr converstation with a lady on Customer services helpline who searched my details and eventually found out that i had previously registered my details - We are talking years ago at a previous address - and that my bank details were still registered on this OLD account.

I tried to close this "OLD " account but encountered problems.

I managed to ascertain details of this old account. So i know what the email address details are and what address details it is registered to...

but the email address i originally set this up with is now closed. ( Because i havent used it for years )

I do not know my paypal password for the old account.

I cannot supply Paypal with a recent letter to confirm that i lived at this address as it was my mom's address and i havent lived there for about 6 years.

I cannot get paypal to email my password to the registered address for the old account as it dos not exist anymore...

All i want is to close the old account so i can add my bank aacount details to my new PP account!!!

Im stuck with a paypal account i cant use at the moment... HELP!!

Thanks LL Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_barry
Hi there, that issue sounds really frustrating. How about we take this off-line and I will try and resolve the issue with you directly.
Login to Me Too

Lindsaylou2703
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Barry, sorry ive missed your calls. Im around tomorrow AM.

Lindsay

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Lindsaylou2703,

I have passed this information back to Barry and he will try and get in contact with you soon Smiley Happy.

David.

Login to Me Too

bennyjet
Contributor
Contributor

I have virtually the same problem as Lindsaylou2703 .  How do I go about closing the old account and verifying the bank account form the old account to the new one??

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Each PayPal account requires a different bank account. Unless you can confirm your identity and get the old account removed and disassociated it is not just a matter of closing the PP account then you cannot add it to another account. This works the same with credit cards.

Login to Me Too

missblondie1961
New Community Member

hi can anyone please tell me how to close an old account that has not been used for about 2 years .my bank details are on that account and i cannot set up a new paypal account  as i have forgotten the old name and pasword as not used that account for a while

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You would need to email or ring PayPal and give further security information asking them to close the old account and disassociate the Bank account as you wish to use it on a further PayPal account. Sometimes it is possible.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

If you are having trouble accessing your old PayPal accounts then the best thing would be to call PayPal customer service who can help you get back into your account.

If you are having trouble with password recovery because you don't have access to your email address anymore then you can do it by phone if you think you still have the same phone number registered.

1. Click on the 'by phone' link on the 'We just emailed you' page.
  2. Select a telephone number from your account.
  3. Select 'Phone me now' or ‘Phone me in about a minute’ if you are ready to receive a telephone call.
    Enter an email address where you can receive further instructions from us.
    Click 'Continue.'

I hope this helps.

P.S. Heres the phone number you need 08707 307 191.

Login to Me Too

Alethea
Contributor
Contributor

Gosh, at last- an answer. I have been running around in circles with the same problem as these frustrated people. I've yet to try to ring paypal so I won't count my chickens just yet! The phone number is half the battle though- thankyou.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.