Changing country or removing incorrect addresses?

PayPal_david

Hi everyone,

There is a lot of questions lately about changing the country that your PayPal account is registered in and also getting old or incorrect addresses removed from your PayPal account.

Changing Country

Firstly, it's not possible at the moment in order for anyone to change the country that your PayPal account is registered to. If for example you are living in the UK and you have moved to a different country, you should register a new account in the country that you have moved to and if you wish, keep your UK PayPal account open if you are planning to return to the UK.

Removing Incorrect Addresses

If you can see some addresses in your PayPal account, you would need to contact customer services directly in order for us to get the incorrect addresses removed from your account. These are gift addresses that you would have sent items to in the past and they can only be removed by customer services.

I hope this answers anyones questions that you may have about moving country or getting old or incorrect address removed from your PayPal account.

David.

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

JennyWren15

@PayPal_david wrote:

Hi everyone,

There is a lot of questions lately about changing the country that your PayPal account is registered in and also getting old or incorrect addresses removed from your PayPal account.

Changing Country

Firstly, it's not possible at the moment in order for anyone to change the country that your PayPal account is registered to. If for example you are living in the UK and you have moved to a different country, you should register a new account in the country that you have moved to and if you wish, keep your UK PayPal account open if you are planning to return to the UK.

Removing Incorrect Addresses

If you can see some addresses in your PayPal account, you would need to contact customer services directly in order for us to get the incorrect addresses removed from your account. These are gift addresses that you would have sent items to in the past and they can only be removed by customer services.

I hope this answers anyones questions that you may have about moving country or getting old or incorrect address removed from your PayPal account.

David.

Login to Me Too

marydocks

I cannot remove my ( old  home  address) can anyone give me a contact phone number for e-bay.                Thank You 

Login to Me Too

Evaldas
New Community Member

Hey, I don't really know where to look for info related to my issue. I have a bank in Lithuania (my origin country) and I am a student in UK. So paypal made my country as UK and now I can't add Lithuanian bank account which is weird. Because to send to my UK bank and only then sending to paypal would make more confusion, and in this way I would wait ages to get my money into paypal account...So is there any possibility to fix this thing?

Login to Me Too

Nigel_K
New Community Member

I would like to purchase an item on ebay, the trader only accepts PayPal and will only send goods to a PayPal address.

All I need to do, as I see it, is add a delivery address in Italy, which I am unable to do as I can not change the country.

I travel all over Europe, so having a separate account for each country is not really an option.

Nigel

Login to Me Too

carltonjb
New Community Member

I have lots of old names & addresses on my PayPal that I need removing. I can't do this myself & when I speak to customer service I'm told they are linked to my ebay account.

They appear NO WHERE on my ebay & ebay don't know what I'm talking about & refer me back to PayPal.

The Names & Addresses ONLY appear in my PayPal account. I've been told you refer to these as GIFT addresses.

This REALLY annoys my partner when she keeps seeing the names & addresses of pervious partners popping up & thinks I'm being a total Jerk when I tell her I can't remove them!

I need to removed these now. If I can't do something as simple as this, then I'm going to have to stop using PayPal. This is rediculous

Login to Me Too

Emilandjak
New Community Member

Valera
New Community Member

Hi.

I would like to ask if possible to create a gift address with different country.

i.e i will shop online but my shipping address is different from my billing address. currently i reside in the Philippines but would like to shop in the US and deliver it in the US address. during checkout i add the shipping address but apparently the country cannot be change.

Kindly please advise.

Thanks,

Valera

Login to Me Too

slaanesh

I've moved from Italy to Switzerland, I have a new address, a new bank account and a new credit card...

I still want to have a shipping address in Italy; why can't I proceed onto changing my account details? And I also don't want to lose the reputation I have, I've been using Paypal in the past 10 years...

Come on Paypal, it's 2013 and people move across the globe easily!!

Login to Me Too

slaanesh

And I would like to point out that Google Wallet allows me to do exactly everything that Paypal does not. I can have multiple addresses and credit cards from different countries...

Login to Me Too

CandDB
New Community Member

I am unable to set up a second account using my e-mail address and registering the second one in another country, as I have moved to Spain. Is there a way around this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.