Changing country or removing incorrect addresses?

PayPal_david

Hi everyone,

There is a lot of questions lately about changing the country that your PayPal account is registered in and also getting old or incorrect addresses removed from your PayPal account.

Changing Country

Firstly, it's not possible at the moment in order for anyone to change the country that your PayPal account is registered to. If for example you are living in the UK and you have moved to a different country, you should register a new account in the country that you have moved to and if you wish, keep your UK PayPal account open if you are planning to return to the UK.

Removing Incorrect Addresses

If you can see some addresses in your PayPal account, you would need to contact customer services directly in order for us to get the incorrect addresses removed from your account. These are gift addresses that you would have sent items to in the past and they can only be removed by customer services.

I hope this answers anyones questions that you may have about moving country or getting old or incorrect address removed from your PayPal account.

David.

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

claremont1
New Community Member

Hello. I have not got the complete address on my paypal account delivery address.My correct address is (Removed by Moderator)

Login to Me Too

hello22
New Community Member

hi dose anyone know how to fix  my pay pal acct address is ok but the postall address is wrong the county? thanks.

@claremont1 wrote:

Hello. I have not got the complete address on my paypal account delivery address.My correct address is (Removed by Moderator)

@claremont1 wrote:

@claremont1 wrote:

Login to Me Too

BenBen50
New Community Member

Hi

The above is very informative, thank you.  However, I have just tried to open another Paypal Account for the country I am now living in (I would like to retain my UK account as I use Banks in both countries) and, after entering my details I found that I was directed to my UK account.. The virtual assistant advised this would be my course of action.

It would seem that I would have to close my UK account in order to open one for the country in which I am now spending most of my time. I have mailed the problem and am awaiting a response.

Login to Me Too

hannahfraser

Hi, did you find an answer to this question? I am having the same issue.. I cant event get to the home page of a different paypal country, I am always redirected back to my country of origin.

Login to Me Too

Dilfu
New Community Member

Thaks a lot David!

I was getting crazy trying to find out how to change the country, and my billing address.

Cheers,

Dilfu

Login to Me Too

ballou1
New Community Member

Hi

Spoiler

David, Thanks so much for your advice. Unfortunately, I was unable to change the country. I did try to edit it but it seems the country will not move out of England. Any additional advice would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too

muz
Contributor
Contributor

muz
Contributor
Contributor

HELP!  I have made purchases but need to chg. county and country.

Login to Me Too

muz
Contributor
Contributor

Please advise me how to change my county and country.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.