Can't reset my password.

EllaSGJ
Contributor
Contributor

I recently tried to get into my paypal account however I have forgotten my password. The only way to get it reset is to enter my card number but since I have a new card this does not match the records and I am denied access.

I then tried to make a new account with a different email adress however when I enter my card details it says 'this card can not be registered to any more accounts' or something allong those lines, however that doesn't make sense either as it is not the card that I registered with a paypal account. Unless I did and can't remember. Either way I have no way to set up and use paypal now. 

Please help!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi EllaSGJ,

Welcome to the UK Community Forum and thanks for posting your query!

Based on the information you provided in your post, it sounds like you tried to set up a second PayPal account when you were unable to access the old account. In this situation, I’d recommend contacting our Customer Service team by phone for assistance with resetting the password on the old account. They would also be able to check what account your new card has been added to in the past.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Maria

Login to Me Too

EllaSGJ
Contributor
Contributor

Could I have the contact number please? Could you also tell me whether it costs to call customer services (if yes how much please?)

Thanks 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there EllaSGJ,

Our customer support telephone line (087 07 307 191)

It is a national call rate of 10p per minute from a UK landline phone. Rates from overseas landlines and mobile phones may vary.

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

Naomi---
New Community Member

Hello, 

I have not tried to set up another account and am very happy with the one `i have. However, I would like to change my password and cannot seem to manage it. I'm clearly missing something here. 

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Naomi. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Naomi--- ,

Welcome to the community forum. 

Here’s how to change your password:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. In the ‘Password' section, click 'Change'.
  4. Choose the account information you want to change and click ‘Edit'.
  5. Enter your new password or security questions and answers, and click ‘Save'.

If this is not working it might be that we are asking for additional verification before we allow this change, just to make sure it is you.

If you need any help you can call us for free on 0800 358 7911.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Lghtbx
New Community Member

Hi, I have the following issue:

I have to accounts, one personal and one for my company.

the personal account I cannot reset, I keep getting these errors when trying to reset it:

"Sorry — your last action could not be completed"

or:

"We've encountered a problem

Sorry, we couldn't verify your account using our automated system."

I also tried reseting from a diffrent computer or my smartphone, still the same result.

I tried reseting my company's account (the account I am currently writing this post) , and it works just fine.

please help! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Lghtbx

Welcome to the community forum. 

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get into your personal account. It is strange that you are getting an error message like that.

I would recommend giving our customer service a call in relation to this. The number is 0800 358 7911 and it is a free call from a landline. We have a way of resetting a password with you on the phone that might work better than the method you are using at the moment. 

I hope we can get this sorted quickly for you.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

juliej52
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.