Changing country or removing incorrect addresses?

PayPal_david

Hi everyone,

There is a lot of questions lately about changing the country that your PayPal account is registered in and also getting old or incorrect addresses removed from your PayPal account.

Changing Country

Firstly, it's not possible at the moment in order for anyone to change the country that your PayPal account is registered to. If for example you are living in the UK and you have moved to a different country, you should register a new account in the country that you have moved to and if you wish, keep your UK PayPal account open if you are planning to return to the UK.

Removing Incorrect Addresses

If you can see some addresses in your PayPal account, you would need to contact customer services directly in order for us to get the incorrect addresses removed from your account. These are gift addresses that you would have sent items to in the past and they can only be removed by customer services.

I hope this answers anyones questions that you may have about moving country or getting old or incorrect address removed from your PayPal account.

David.

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

Jose1979
Hi there I got a probleme w my address on PayPal the address I got in is spelled incorrect how can I get it raigth?
Login to Me Too

jon6207
New Community Member

If you have a gmail email account set one paypal login account to:  @ gmail.com and one to @ googlemail.com and it will stop you having to setup new email accounts. 

Login to Me Too

JudiLopez

My UK paypal account has money pending on it with my current country bank account/card and I would like to create a new account - will this affect the money pending if I was to create a new account but with the same bank/card information?

Login to Me Too

Jose-Rojas

I don´t know if I should post this question here, but I´m currently living in Peru and need to open an US Paypal account, because i have my bank info there, and there is not possible to withdrawal money here.

So, my question is, can I open an us Paypal account form here? from Peru?.

Thank and best regards.

Login to Me Too

fwa321

I've moved from the UK to Australia and realised that I can't change the country and my address. So I tried to set up an new account with the Australian paypal but I can't as it says my email address is already registered?! I only have one email address and don't want to have to set up a new email. There must be another way to change countries?! Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi fwa321 and welcome, 

You will firstly need to close your UK PayPal account so you can open a new account in Australia using the same email address. 

I would recommend that you remove your financial information from your UK account before closing it. To remove your information and close your account click on your profile tab and click on "my money" section. 

I hope this helps and thanks for posting

Paula 

Login to Me Too

mazeika
New Community Member

mcat422

I've just successfully changed country on Paypal and kept my existing email as the primary email account. Basically you need to open a new PayPal account in your new country/region. This is exactly what I did:

1. Log into existing PayPal account

2. Go to Profile --> Add or Edit Email

3. Add new email address (I have a spare/junk email account that I used)

4. Confirm new email address (the confirm button will send a confirmation email to your inbox)

5. Mark the new email address the Primary address

6. Remove old email address

7. Log out of PayPal

8. Go to PayPal.com, and register a new account in the new country/region

9. Use your old email address as the primary email account and complete the registration process

The bank account confirmation process takes a couple of days but once this is complete, you're done!

Don't forget to log into ebay and associate your new PayPal account with your ebay account if this is what you are using it for. 

Login to Me Too

yoldun
Contributor
Contributor

When I moved to France I opened a Paypal account (new email address) in France, linked to my new, permanent, French address. I use this account for all euro-based transactions.

Until recently I continued to use my UK Paypal account, since I still make UK (£-based) transactions. As my UK credit card has now expired I had to update my UK Paypal account. However, Paypal UK insist that my French address is invalid and that I must have a UK address. I had no problem in adding my French address to my UK Payapl account when removing my UK address some years ago,since it links to my credit-card address.

The French Paypal account allows only euro-based accounts to be registered (though it allows US addresses as well as French!). I do not want the hassle of having to go through exchange rate costs, etc, by using only a France-based Paypal account for every £UK transaction.

What can I do, please? (NB there are urgent transactions coming up).

Login to Me Too

spacebetween
New Community Member

Hi

did you get a response to your demand? - it seems crazy in this day and age that you can't - have a UK credit card - with a French address.

Any feedback would be useful please from Paypal central!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.