Changing country or removing incorrect addresses?

PayPal_david

Hi everyone,

There is a lot of questions lately about changing the country that your PayPal account is registered in and also getting old or incorrect addresses removed from your PayPal account.

Changing Country

Firstly, it's not possible at the moment in order for anyone to change the country that your PayPal account is registered to. If for example you are living in the UK and you have moved to a different country, you should register a new account in the country that you have moved to and if you wish, keep your UK PayPal account open if you are planning to return to the UK.

Removing Incorrect Addresses

If you can see some addresses in your PayPal account, you would need to contact customer services directly in order for us to get the incorrect addresses removed from your account. These are gift addresses that you would have sent items to in the past and they can only be removed by customer services.

I hope this answers anyones questions that you may have about moving country or getting old or incorrect address removed from your PayPal account.

David.

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

Sleepyzz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,   Although I travel overseas a lot,  the UK addrress I've registered with Paypal is still valid and snailmail sent there will still reach me,  albeit sometimes a bit slowly.    I do come and stay in UK from time to time and can't really say I've moved overseas.

I have a UK bank account registered and linked to Paypal  with debit card details entered there as well,  but that original  debit card has now expired and I have a new one the bank has sent me.  

This renewed UK bank  debit card now has a new but somewhat temporary overseas address associated with it,  so when I make online debit card transactions with it I have to quote the overseas address,  not my UK address.  

My question is:  Does this matter to Paypal?    Will it be OK to update my bank debit card details on my Paypal account  with an overseas address there?  

Or alternatively,  could I completely remove all my debit card details in Paypal and simply leave my bank account registered with Paypal without a debit card?  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Sleepyzz,

Welcome to the Community Forum! As you've explained that your new debit card is registered in the UK, I'd advise going ahead and trying to add it on your PayPal account. As long as the temporary overseas address is entered, it should successfully connect and it shouldn't be an issue from our end. However, if the card is issued in a different country, it won't be possible to add it to your UK PayPal account.

If you do experience any issues with this, please contact Customer Support directly for assistance. You can find our contact details by clicking on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any page when logged in.

Thanks!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Sleepyzz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your prompt reply, Sophie,  but I'm afraid the advice didn't work.    Although my renewed debit card is for the same  UK bank account and has the same card number (except for its last 3 digits) as the expired one that was already verified with you,  it seems the system is trying to force me to enter it as a new card.   Doing this goes OK until I get to the point where it asks me to enter the registered postal address for the card,  which as I explained in my previous post,  is a temporary overseas one,  so there's  no UK-valid postcode.  The form will not allow me to enter an overseas address here.

Unless you have any better ideas,  it looks as if I must repeat my previous last paragraph and ask you again if I  can  completely remove all my debit card details in Paypal and simply leave my bank account registered with Paypal without a debit card?  

Thanks,   + Sleepyzz 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi Sleepyzz,

I'm sorry but it does sound like that temporary card cannot be added to your UK PayPal account. 

Removing any cards from the account and operating only with your confirmed bank should not cause any major problems on your end in any case.

In fact many of our customers only add one funding source to their accounts and work away with no issues whatsoever Smiley Happy

Hope this information helps Sleepyzz,

Conor

Login to Me Too

mrsmorris
Contributor
Contributor

When I log into PayPal to pay for an order a whole list of delivery addresses appear which I would like to edit but I cannot see how to do this. Also when I went to pay for an item tonight not only did the out of date list of delivery addresses appear but also two names and addresses that have absolutely nothing to do with me and I wonder how they have got there. Un-nerved me rather. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi mrsmorris, 

Welcome to the PayPal community forum.

When you enter shipping address or gift address when paying for your items these details are stored in the cookies on your account and your computer. If you would like to have these removed and the other addresses with the names on them looked in to I would recommend to contact us directly. There are a few ways you can contact us. 

You can contact us via phone or email via our contact us link . You can also contact us via our Facebook page ,  https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

toby1kenobi
Contributor
Contributor

I just ordered something using Paypal, and without it really sinking in, at the point of selecting my delivery address I believe I saw one I don't actually recognise at all. How can I see all my delivery addresses in Paypal - the list of previously used addresses you're prompted to select from when making a purchase with Paypal?

Thanks,

Toby

Login to Me Too

jules2610

Hi,

if I go to set up a new account in my new country, it will not let me as the email address is the same. It is not practical to set up a whole new email account as it is likley that this account will never be used, except for setting up Paypal in another country. Therefore, it is highly likely that if Paypal need to contact me over the my account, they will not be able to. 

What else can you suggest? is there a way around this?

Login to Me Too

yoldun
Contributor
Contributor

The Paypal answer to this is always "get a new email address". In other words, Payapl has a system. Lots of users don't like - nut tough luck: that's the system. It's for paypal, not for the user's benefit. OK?

Login to Me Too

Tomodachi91

I have moved countries and am trying to create a new PayPal account but it won't let me as my e-mail address is used for the UK Paypal account.  I only have on e-mail address.  Do I need to shut down my UK account first? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.