PayPal Community Chat - May 16, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, May 16th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

PayPal_Olivia

@cassabmaxmama wrote:

if this is the case, how do i check how much is due and when?  it does not break it down like the promotional purchases does, like show how much interest has accrued.

Also, the payment i made was to a business, but i sent it directly to them without them invoicing me first.  If they invoiced me, would the purchase qualify for the 6 month without interest.  At the moment, it looks like i just sent money to a person.

thanks

Hi @cassabmaxmama,

Only payments where the promotion is presented at the time of the transaction qualify for the promotion. It is not possible to determine whether that promotion would or would not have been presented at that time, had the circumstances been different.

For any other questions about your PayPal Credit statement or payments, please call the number in the Managing Your Account section of this FAQ.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

jr4242

I've been trying for two hours to link an Amex gift card to my account and I keep getting the error "We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later." I spoke with Amex support and they said to speak with you. Any advice? I've never had this problem in the past when linking an Amex gift card.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@jr4242 wrote:

I've been trying for two hours to link an Amex gift card to my account and I keep getting the error "We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later." I spoke with Amex support and they said to speak with you. Any advice? I've never had this problem in the past when linking an Amex gift card.

Hi @jr4242,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having linking a credit card. Please take a look at this article for some tips on troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

jr4242

Unfortunately, I tried all those steps, and nothing has worked.

And when I try the step of calling the Paypal support number, I'm unable to reach a representative.

Any other ideas? I'm stumped.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

mking4892
Contributor
Contributor
If I have a business account and make a separate profile for someone to invoice for me (with bank balance hidden & such), then how can they sign on the business invoicing PayPal app? They do not have an email. Just a profile name and password. Which comes up as an error on the app, saying you need an email.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@mking4892 wrote:
If I have a business account and make a separate profile for someone to invoice for me (with bank balance hidden & such), then how can they sign on the business invoicing PayPal app? They do not have an email. Just a profile name and password. Which comes up as an error on the app, saying you need an email.

Hi @mking4892,

Thank you for that question. I believe at this time, the app may not yet have the ability that you describe for secondary users. At this time, the functionality would have to be done through their logins on the web site.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back Friday May 18 at 4pm GMT, or next week on Wednesday, May 23rd at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.