PayPal Community Chat - May 16, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, May 16th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

Jay19861
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to find out when exactly I can withdraw my money from my account. It's been frozen (limited) for over 5 months and I could really use that money from my sale that was completed 6 months ago.

Thank You

~Marcella

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Jay19861 wrote:

I'm trying to find out when exactly I can withdraw my money from my account. It's been frozen (limited) for over 5 months and I could really use that money from my sale that was completed 6 months ago.

Thank You

~Marcella

Hi @Jay19861,

Thank you for joining the chat! I'm sorry to hear about the limitation. Funds in a limited account are made available 180 days (6 months) from the date of the limitation. A message will be sent to you on the day that the funds are available with options for withdrawal.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Jay19861
Contributor
Contributor

Well yeah I saw that it said UP TO 180 days but I figured that was for people who actually did something in breach of the agreement. All I did was allow a friend of mine to withdraw his money from his account after he did something that got his account limited, which he was told to withdraw his money from his account, but because of his original limitation his bank account went in the negative so he had to close it, so he didn't have his own account. So i just helped out a friend and said he could withdraw it into my bank account, which I don't know what that has to do with my own paypal account. Me and him never had any transactions to one another, and i've made thousands of dollars in sales on my account. There's NOBODY i could talk to that could look into this for me, single mom with 2 kids here not trying to get rich..just trying to get by and this whole thing has made alot of things very difficult for me and I just want to move on from all this and get my hard earned money once and for all.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Jay19861 wrote:

Well yeah I saw that it said UP TO 180 days but I figured that was for people who actually did something in breach of the agreement. All I did was allow a friend of mine to withdraw his money from his account after he did something that got his account limited, which he was told to withdraw his money from his account, but because of his original limitation his bank account went in the negative so he had to close it, so he didn't have his own account. So i just helped out a friend and said he could withdraw it into my bank account, which I don't know what that has to do with my own paypal account. Me and him never had any transactions to one another, and i've made thousands of dollars in sales on my account. There's NOBODY i could talk to that could look into this for me, single mom with 2 kids here not trying to get rich..just trying to get by and this whole thing has made alot of things very difficult for me and I just want to move on from all this and get my hard earned money once and for all.

Hi @Jay19861,

I'm sorry to hear of that situation. Assisting with circumvention of PayPal's controls could cause an account limitation, and any limitation would typically cause funds to be held for 180 days following the date of limitation. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Jonathn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, so i was going to close my account since my business plan never actually came into fruition since the creation of the account and i don't plan on using Paypal for any transactions in the near future. I added my SSN to the account and i was wondering if that Information will be deleted as well since i don't really like such sensitive information possible being stored without my knowledge.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Jonathn wrote:

Hi, so i was going to close my account since my business plan never actually came into fruition since the creation of the account and i don't plan on using Paypal for any transactions in the near future. I added my SSN to the account and i was wondering if that Information will be deleted as well since i don't really like such sensitive information possible being stored without my knowledge.

Hi @Jonathn,

Typically, the information attached to a closed account is retained. Please click here to take a look at our Privacy Policy, which can also be found by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Jonathn
Contributor
Contributor

If i update my any information before i close the account, will the updated version be stored or any information previously entered ever? I was not smart to realize that i should rarely use my SSN outside of government agencies.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Jonathn wrote:

If i update my any information before i close the account, will the updated version be stored or any information previously entered ever? I was not smart to realize that i should rarely use my SSN outside of government agencies.

Hi @Jonathn,

Great question. It wouldn't be possible to remove an SSN. It is possible to change an incorrect SSN, however.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Jonathn
Contributor
Contributor

Would my incorrect information still be retained? or would it update to be my corrected information?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Jonathn wrote:

Would my incorrect information still be retained? or would it update to be my corrected information?

Hi @Jonathn,

The information would be updated to the correct information, and that is what would be retained.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.