PayPal Community Chat - May 16, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, May 16th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

Jonathn
Contributor
Contributor

Also, if an account was created when the user is under 18 can the information be removed?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Jonathn wrote:

Also, if an account was created when the user is under 18 can the information be removed?

Hi @Jonathn,

That's a great question! If that's the case here, please contact customer support and explain the situation, and request if there are avenues to have the information removed. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

suttonks

I sent documentation to release an account limitation a week ago and still haven't received resolution.  What do I need to do to get their attention? Similar to Jay19861, just not as long.  Very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@suttonks wrote:

I sent documentation to release an account limitation a week ago and still haven't received resolution.  What do I need to do to get their attention? Similar to Jay19861, just not as long.  Very frustrating.

Hi @suttonks,

I'm sorry to hear about the delay in review of your information. Limitation appeals may take some time to be reviewed. I regret that I am unable to predict the exact amount of time that a review will take. 

Olivia

Login to Me Too

suttonks

I'll chat with the Attorney General Consumer Protection Division in my state to see what our law says about excessive delays.

Login to Me Too

Jay19861
Contributor
Contributor

That's what i'm saying, after I had to wait a few weeks for my money to be made available to me after the sale was when mine became limited. THE DAY it became available to me, over something that happened a few weeks before that sale, so basically over a month later they froze it. $1,000 held for 180 to a single parent ain't no chump change, not to me anyways. Good luck, hope you have better luck than I did.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Jay19861 wrote:

That's what i'm saying, after I had to wait a few weeks for my money to be made available to me after the sale was when mine became limited. THE DAY it became available to me, over something that happened a few weeks before that sale, so basically over a month later they froze it. $1,000 held for 180 to a single parent ain't no chump change, not to me anyways. Good luck, hope you have better luck than I did.

Hi @Jay19861,

I can definitely understand that that would be frustrating. 😞

Olivia

Login to Me Too

cassabmaxmama
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There,

I had a question about Paypal Credit.  When I look at my statements, some are grouped under promotional purchases and clearly states we have 6 months to pay without interest.  There are other transactions that are not listed under promotional purchases.  Does that mean that all those purchases have to be paid immediately otherwise interest will accrue?  I cannot click on the "non" promotional purchases to see how much is due and how much interest has accrued.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@cassabmaxmama wrote:

Hi There,

I had a question about Paypal Credit.  When I look at my statements, some are grouped under promotional purchases and clearly states we have 6 months to pay without interest.  There are other transactions that are not listed under promotional purchases.  Does that mean that all those purchases have to be paid immediately otherwise interest will accrue?  I cannot click on the "non" promotional purchases to see how much is due and how much interest has accrued.

Hi @cassabmaxmama,

Thank you for joining the community! I'm sorry that there's confusion regarding your PayPal Credit statement. Purchases that were not made with a promotion would accrue interest immediately. For more information and to ask any questions regarding your statement, please call the number found in this FAQ.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

cassabmaxmama
Contributor
Contributor

if this is the case, how do i check how much is due and when?  it does not break it down like the promotional purchases does, like show how much interest has accrued.

Also, the payment i made was to a business, but i sent it directly to them without them invoicing me first.  If they invoiced me, would the purchase qualify for the 6 month without interest.  At the moment, it looks like i just sent money to a person.

thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.