PayPal Community Chat - May 16, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, May 16th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

mbuenaventura
Contributor
Contributor

I already called customer support numerous times and they keep giving me different answers, is there a way to escalate this issue? because I just NEED to have my middle name removed, in the first place PAYPAL does not require you to enter your middle name when you first sign up correct? Please help me get this done.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@mbuenaventura wrote:

I already called customer support numerous times and they keep giving me different answers, is there a way to escalate this issue? because I just NEED to have my middle name removed, in the first place PAYPAL does not require you to enter your middle name when you first sign up correct? Please help me get this done.

Hi @mbuenaventura,

A middle name is not required at signup.

I regret that I cannot provide account-specific assistance via the community. The request would have to be submitted through those channels. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

darrylbanks
Contributor
Contributor

I recently requested an activity report for my account, and the link I received takes me to a form for upgrading to a business account.

What gives? I just want the report.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@darrylbanks wrote:

I recently requested an activity report for my account, and the link I received takes me to a form for upgrading to a business account.

What gives? I just want the report.

Hi @darrylbanks,

I'm sorry to hear about that. It sounds like the specific type of report that's being requested is available only on a Business account. What type of information are you looking to download? What steps are you taking to get there?

Olivia

Login to Me Too

darrylbanks
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see how that makes sense. There's no 'specific' type of report I'm trying to get, just a record of all my transactions for a time period. Why should that be not be available to all account types... All I did was click the link they sent me to access the report.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@darrylbanks wrote:

I don't see how that makes sense. There's no 'specific' type of report I'm trying to get, just a record of all my transactions for a time period. Why should that be not be available to all account types... All I did was click the link they sent me to access the report.

Hi @darrylbanks,

Please try logging into your account, clicking Activity > Statements > Activity Export. Let me know if those options are not appearing.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Neb1
Contributor
Contributor
Y is the PayPal app not let me send my money to my bank
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Neb1 wrote:
Y is the PayPal app not let me send my money to my bank

Hi @Neb1,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty withdrawing funds to your bank. Can you supply more information about the error that you're seeing when you attempt to withdraw?

Olivia

Login to Me Too

darrylbanks
Contributor
Contributor

omg... All my statements are right there--that's all I had to do in the first place! When I searched for a way to retrieve my past activity, the instructions I found were for requesting a report and waiting for the results.

Thank you, Olivia, you've been most helpful.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@darrylbanks wrote:

omg... All my statements are right there--that's all I had to do in the first place! When I searched for a way to retrieve my past activity, the instructions I found were for requesting a report and waiting for the results.

Thank you, Olivia, you've been most helpful.

Hi @darrylbanks,

I'm so glad I was able to help! 🙂

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.