What a Con !!!

melaniekarl
Contributor
Contributor

I recently set up a PP account and attached a bank account.

My first withdrawal involved me paying a £5 fee. I had a bill I forgot about and needed to access the funds quickly so expected the money in my account the next day as this happens with my partners account.

Surprise surprise next day comes and no cash. It still shows as "pending" 24 hours later. On speaking to the absolutely atrocious Far East customer "service" I've been told that as its a new account the withdrawal is under security "review" and that it will be several days. What really sticks in my throat is that the £5 fee is not refundable.  There is nothing on the site that says this will happen and all I can see is a Paypal scam operating here.

I have e mailed with no response (no surprise there) and I'm absolutely disgusted by this blatant way of hanging on to my cash.Are they that desperate?  I was adding Paypal to my new website but there is no way that is going to happen and I will never recommend such a shoddy operation to anyone in business.

Anybody from Paypal care to comment?...preferably a comment thats not on the script the poorly trained Asian operatives work from.

Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I understand your concern, however PayPal rely on the banking system and your bank to ensure that the payment arrives with you in a timely manner. The delay will be at your banks end, not PayPals you have paid PP for a service and to the best of their ability they have provided that service.

Contact your bank and ask them why the payment has not hit your account.

Login to Me Too

melaniekarl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi......Its nothing to do with my bank (I've checked). The transfer still shows as pending in Paypal and not completed. My partner transferred to their account from their Paypal the same day and it showed as completed within a few hours and the money was there today 48 hours later. I transferred a three figure sum yesterday morning as well and that still shows as pending and not completed.

Im well within the limits so there really is no excuse

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Try calling PayPal maybe they are not classing the transfer as expedited and may refund the monies paid to transfer.

Login to Me Too

melaniekarl
Contributor
Contributor

Did that yesterday and got told that its not their policy to refund these fees. Frankly I'm not impressed at all.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

If the withdrawal is still 'pending' then it's still on our system. Withdrawals may be held for security reasons (for example, a large payment received and then immediately withdrawn), which is outlined in our user agreement but is not exactly the most popular part of our security.

If it gets held for more than 72 hours you should be automatically refunded the £5 GBP quick withdrawal fee even though it will still move the faster method once it does leave our system.

Login to Me Too

ttgoodbooks
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - you seem to know what is going on. I am new to this forum but would like a question answered.

I have received small amounts of money through Paypal from clients around the world, but have never reached the £500 limit per month.

It's been a while, but now I am trying to transfer £25 to my bank account and the system won't allow me to. Any suggestions, please?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there ttgoodbooks,

If you have a withdrawal limit on your account you can lift it by verifying your bank account. Once you have your bank account added you will need to Set up Bank Funding.

Please follow the steps below if you wish to confirm your bank account. This will also make your PayPal account verified.

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
3. Click the 'Bank Accounts' link in the 'Financial Information' column.
4. Select the bank account you wish to confirm and click 'Confirm'.
5. Click the 'Set up Direct Debit' button.
6. The next page will display your bank details. Enter the full address of your bank account then click 'Submit'.

Please let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

poppybess
New Community Member

Not just large sums - they've placed a hold on a refunded amount to me - get this, 82p!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Peedoffalread
Contributor
Contributor

Totally agree, they use asian call centre to save them money while making it on ours. I wish i had listened to everyon who said do not use pay pal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.