What a Con !!!

melaniekarl
Contributor
Contributor

I recently set up a PP account and attached a bank account.

My first withdrawal involved me paying a £5 fee. I had a bill I forgot about and needed to access the funds quickly so expected the money in my account the next day as this happens with my partners account.

Surprise surprise next day comes and no cash. It still shows as "pending" 24 hours later. On speaking to the absolutely atrocious Far East customer "service" I've been told that as its a new account the withdrawal is under security "review" and that it will be several days. What really sticks in my throat is that the £5 fee is not refundable.  There is nothing on the site that says this will happen and all I can see is a Paypal scam operating here.

I have e mailed with no response (no surprise there) and I'm absolutely disgusted by this blatant way of hanging on to my cash.Are they that desperate?  I was adding Paypal to my new website but there is no way that is going to happen and I will never recommend such a shoddy operation to anyone in business.

Anybody from Paypal care to comment?...preferably a comment thats not on the script the poorly trained Asian operatives work from.

Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

samantha-heels
New Community Member

there employees dont even know how to do their job properly i verified my account to lift my limits and then i was able to buy the netbook i wanted then i went to buy 2 charm bracelets and then it said i had reached my linits and to verify my account but the link took me to the check list of step to do which were all ticked i complained 3-4 times within 3 days before they sorted it out as they obviously didnt do there job properly and they had a go at my for given their employees abuse i wudnt of had to if they paid attention to the fact that my account status said verified i said are u blind because they kept email telling me to verify an account that was already verified.

Login to Me Too

Clansman1873
New Community Member

I withdrawed funds from my paypal account to my bank account more than 24 hours ago and yet the status still says pending, why is this? I find it very annoying that i can't withdraw my balance when i want to. To be honest i've a good mind to close down my account as the are by far better alternatives out there...

Login to Me Too

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The process takes some time because like a direct debit it has to go through the system it does not work like an instant bank transfer. It takes up to five working days for the withdrawn monies to hit your account the same amount of time it takes for PayPal to receive the money when you make a bank funded payment via your PP account.

You can pay £5 for a 24 hour transfer that is an option open to you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there Clansman1873,

I have moved your post here as this thread is about the same issue.

As John says above, withdrawals, like other payments, can be reviewed by our security system. The review will normally not last longer than 72 hours.

So once you see the withdrawal says ‘completed’ the funds have left the PayPal system and will then be credited to your bank account.

Normal withdraws usually take 2-3 working days, when the quick withdraw take 24-48 hours. And again as mentioned above there is a fee of £5.00 for the quick withdraw.

Login to Me Too

joeyegg

" pay £5 for a 24 hour transfer"?!?!?!? .... i have tried this one, but it takes longer than 24 hours......took at least 23 hours before the pending changed to completed on the account.....not very convenient or pleasurable when you have money that is in limbo and its anyones guess when your gonna recieve it.

Just a question for ever has the wisdom...........does the timescales given include weekend or does the "wire transfer" kick back, cut loose and chug jagerbombs with the rest of us and then up to full working order by monday dinner time??

many thanks in advance for any light you can shed 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there joeyegg,

A quick withdraw that you pay your £5.00 fee on is 24-48 hours.

Also you are correct in that weekends are not included. Transfer times are done in working days. And if you withdraw in the evening the process won’t start until the next day within banking hours.  

Login to Me Too

jestersmum

I PAID THAT 5 FEE ON THE 14TH FEB IT IS THE 18 FEB AND NO FUNDS IN MY ACCOUNT I'M NOT AT ALL HAPPY

Login to Me Too

skosh89
Contributor
Contributor

I'm concerned with where the monies kept once it's left paypal and hasn't yet reached ones bank account.

Surely, if it's not if it's not in our bank account it must be within paypals reach, similarly if it's transfered from a bank account in to paypal and still doesn't show on within the paypal account it would still be at the bank??

If it's not available in either it's very worrying, and paypal don't seem to understand that... if it's not in either account where is it?! It's very worrying and extremely frustrating!

Care to shed any light paypal??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there skosh89,

I can understand the confusion. Everyone wants the funds to transfer instantly.

Between PayPal and your bank there are clearing houses. The funds must pass through these before they can credit to the next account. This is the same with the exchange of cheques etc outside of PayPal.

So when the funds have been withdrawn from one account and not yet credited to the next account they are with the clearing houses.

Login to Me Too

nezbrun
Contributor
Contributor

Lucy.

I have worked as a freelance software consultant in the financial services industry for 20 years, and over over that time I have written and designed plenty of software to perform interbank transfers including BACS. I can assure you that BACS Direct Credit is a time definite service.

This is how employees know, for example, the exact day when their salary is paid into their accounts. If you are located in the UK you will know all about it. I am sure that if your salary was delayed for an arbitrary amount time you'd have something to say about it.

The variable delays are with Paypal, not the clearing system, which is a time definite service as I stated earlier.

Howard

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.