How to change trading name?

Ritzy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am looking to change my trading name for my paypal account. This is not the business name, the trading name. There is only an option to change business name(my legal business name), however nothing to change my "trading as" name.

Would I have to contact support to change this or is it set in stone now ?

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_paula

Hi Eucalyptus, 

I am sorry to hear that you are not getting the option to change it. When you go to your business details section and click on the details, a form will load showing your details. If you go to the bottom of the page you will have an edit option. Once you have clicked on edit you should have the option to change it. 

If you are still not getting the option to change it please contact us directly. You can contact us on via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on our Facebook

Thanks for posting and please let us know how you get on

Paula 

Login to Me Too

djp1
Same problem here it will not change .
Login to Me Too

micsten
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Conor,

Thanks for the response.

My business type is set to: Private company

Should I be able to make the change to the Trading Name? It makes sense to as legally we can trade under a different name.

Thanks,

Micsten

Login to Me Too

makeupmasters
New Community Member

I am listed as a private company, but have no option to change trading name. I click the edit at the bottom of page and can change company name, but not trading name. I initially had my trading name in both, I edited the business name and it updated the trading name as well.

Login to Me Too

gillegg
New Community Member

I have a private ltd company and have recently changed the legal name of the business with Companies House in the UK. I cannot however, change the trading name using any of the methods advised by Paypal.

I no longer need to use a trading name but cannot remove the older one as there is just no function to edit or remove.

It should be something that is easily editable, more so than the legal business name.

I think it is possibly Paypal that have not understood which is the correct term.

Any chance this will be remedied soon?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Andy810
Contributor
Contributor

I have this exact same issue and am registered as a private company.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi gillegg & Andy810,

Thank you both for posting on our Community Forum 🙂

Although we offer the option to edit a trading name in certain circumstances, you're completely right that this feature should be more accessible to all of our customers.

What I'm going to do is pass your comments onto our technicians, so this might be considered for a future update.

In the meantime, if you both still need help altering your trading names, would you consider reaching out to us on Twitter or Facebook so we can assist directly.

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/4BO8de) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

Why don't you give this a go for me?

Conor

Login to Me Too

XIC
New Community Member

Another "Private Company" unable to set trading name here.

will be in touch directly but throught after nearly 4 months since issue was passed to the techs, that this would have been fixed by now.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi XIC.

Welcome to the Community!

You can update the business name on your PayPal account by going to the Settings page on your account. From here, you will have the option to update your business name on PayPal.

David.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi XIC.

Welcome to the Community!

You can update the business name on your PayPal account by going to the Settings page on your account. From here, you will have the option to update your business name on PayPal.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.