Can't set primary address

tc96
Contributor
Contributor

I have three addresses in Paypal, I would like to change which is the primary, but I got the error "please try again" every time. Is there a way to make this work? 

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

1337bigmac
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone find a solution here?

Login to Me Too

MinhT
New Community Member

PayPal says it's because of the security concerns.  I was about to call them but they're closed at the moment, will try earlier tomorrow.

They sent me a survey, and when I gave them a low score, a message came back and said the survey cannot be completed.  Go figure!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi All,

I am sorry to see that you all are having such issues adding a new address. Can you try clearing your cookies and cache to see if that helps. If you's receive the same error please contact us directly so we can help. 

You can contact us by phone or email by clicking on the "Help & Contact" link at the bottom of any PayPal page. You can also contact us via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK/.

I hope this helps and thanks for posting, 

Paula

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi tc96,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! 

In general, you should have the option to set an address as primary. If the system is preventing you from doing so, there may be the chance that this is happening to due security reasons. 

If you are trying to set your email as primary, you should select the specific email as primary before removing the one that you have chosen as primary at the moment. If you are trying to set your postal address, you can do that by logging in to your 'Profile Settings' and complete this process. 

You can find more information here and here.

Hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

farenorth
New Community Member

The guidance provided by the moderator doesn't help my problem. I'm trying to change my 'primary mailing address'. When I follow the instructions provided (Settings->Manage all addresses, then click 'Set as primary'), I get a "Please try again." error message (below). Unfortunately, no amount of 'trying again' changes anything. Very frustrating.

Screenshot 2018-02-09 08.57.17.png

Login to Me Too

shopman66
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing the same issue.  My mailing address has changed and I can not change it to my new address.

Login to Me Too

Tommyjess
Contributor
Contributor
Anyone figure this out? I have the same problem
Login to Me Too

rabbitholeUSA
New Community Member

No answers from PayPal. I have the same problem.

Login to Me Too

Tommyjess
Contributor
Contributor
I can add my new but just incase I’d like to remove the old. Thinking about deleting my account and starting a new one
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.