Spending limit reached -- REALLY?

Sanin
Contributor
Contributor

I guess I am not verified and that is preventing me from using PayPal since some sellers want verified address.

But check this out:

Type of Limit     Limit                          Remaining

Sending limit    $10,000.00 USD     $462.90 USD

Really? You want to stop me from buying things through PayPal after I spent 10 large over all these years?

What kind of sense does that make? You took my FIRST 10 grand but now suddenly I am not "good enough" since I am "unverified".

You need to provide a non-invasive method of verification that does not include requiring someone's bank information to be in your databases. That way people WOULD get verified.

------

The statement from your website that is shown below is PLAIN UNTRUE because THERE IS NO WAY to "verify your card" -- you want the bank information:

"For security reasons, there are initial limits on the amount of money you can send, receive, and withdraw from your PayPal account. It’s easy to lift these limits – simply verify your bank account or card information."

Can you also please explain what kind of "security reasons" exist now all of a sudden after years of shopping and spending all this money through your company?

------

But in any case, it was fun while it lasted -- I am taking my NEXT 10 grand somewhere else...

Sanin

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

trustingpaybud
Contributor
Contributor

I'm now asking myself the very same questions. Years of Ebay/Paypal use.

This is simply a move to put a stop to credit card fees I would imagine.

Login to Me Too

Sanin
Contributor
Contributor

F!#k them, I moved on already after a long protracted email correspondence with their support. A whole bunch of run-arounds to the tune of "we need to ensure our sellers are secure" blah blah. Like there was a single problem with my account over all these years.

Horrible business practice...

Login to Me Too

I feel the same here friend.Over 10 years of shopping on Ebay.I don't want to give my bank account number either,if I still had one currently! I feel this is an invasion of privacy if you ask me.Because of this I buy from Ebay and online merchants honestly and have never had this problem with this BullrCr@p limit for almost 10 years of using Paypal! It's as if they want to lose business too!Even My prepaid debt is no good(It has my same name as my state ID).A Paypal phone rep said for me to use a Green Dot money pak card (it's $4.95 per card) and there was still a limit! This rep DID NOT STATE THIS INFORMATION TO ME.He made it seem that this would solve my problem with the limit but it didn't.Some one should fix this problem as  I see I'm not the only honest buyer and sometimes seller who has this problem..... 😞

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

Is it PayPal that has set a limit or Green Dot?  The reason I ask is that I just discovered that Green Dot limits using a Money Pak to reload a PayPal debit card to $250 a year.  There's no limit to reload their cards....just PayPal.  I found this out the hard way when they wouldn't honor the $20 Money Pak I purchased.  After raising **bleep** enough to finally get a Green Dot supervisor I was able to get them to give me a temporary debit card (which is just the number....no plastic)...otherwise I would have been out $20.

Login to Me Too

Sanin
Contributor
Contributor

No, I don't use Green Dot, this is completely a PayPal problem.

Sanin

Login to Me Too

jaci

Well, I am glad to see that I am not the only super frustated person with PayPal.  I have also hit my $10,000 limit after using PayPal for about 6 years.  After a frustrating phone call with a PayPal representative (in the Phillapines, no less) I am going to stop using eBay.  Like I would give my bank information to someone in the Phillapines.  If everyone stopped using eBay, eBay would find some other company to do their money transfers for their business.  I am super **bleep** over this entire scam PayPal is pushing on us.  Not one buyer ever rejected my money because I was "unverified".  I never even looked to see if someone was verified when I was selling.  If you get verified, do they still use your credit card or do they take the money from your bank account?  I don't like anyone having my bank account info.  What a scam?  When did they start this nonsense?

Login to Me Too

bonsaipark
Contributor
Contributor

1-Login, Click "Contact Us", Click "Customer Service Center"

Login to Me Too

bonsaipark
Contributor
Contributor

Try 1-Login, Click "Contact Us", Click "Customer Service Center" for a toll-free, apparently domestic rep.

Login to Me Too

bonsaipark
Contributor
Contributor

Ha!  PayPal is apparently blocking my attempts to post their toll-free number.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.