Adding, Updating or Editing Credit Cards in Paypal: STILL A PROBLEM

LionsCourt
Contributor
Contributor

I have seen this topic posted in several ways, so I thought I would start another, hoping we might

get one long thread going, rather than a bunch of shorter ones.

LIke many of you, I have several credit cards associated with my Paypal account.

I have one that I regularly use that has a very low APR combined with a high limit.

It is the default card I use for all eBay purchases.

Well, the card's old expiration date was January.

I got a replacement card with a new expiration date back in early December.

I went to update/edit it in Paypal, and I got the same message all of you have been seeing:

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

I've been logging in to Paypal nearly every day since then, trying to update

my credit cards using several different paths:

profile -> update/edit

profile -> more options -> my money -> update

I tried calling customer service, which was a horrible experience because after being on the phone for

forty minutes, after telling them repeatedly that I had tried different browsers,

on different computers, with cookies cleared, to which they replied I should try again..

that they FINALLY say, after putting me on hold, "Sorry, this is a known issue."

REALLY?  After having me on the phone for nearly an hour

talking to me like I am an idiot you find out that a known issue is YOUR PROBLEM

and you didn't know this the forty minutes I was on the phone?  

Great.  

Thanks Paypal.

Well, now it is a month later, and I have reached the point where not having the ability to update that credit card with the new expiration date means that I will have to stop shopping at eBay or using Paypal until they get this resolved.

The customer service has been poor.

The more than a month of this being a technical issue is beyond unacceptable.

And now both eBay and Paypal will see their businesses hurt because of Paypal's inability to fix this issue.

I know many of you will be in this same situation as more time goes by with this unresolved.

I find it incredibly stupid that I got an automatic email the other day from Paypal that I need to update

my credit card that is about to expire.

Now it will start to hurt Paypal in their revenue from me whether I want it to or not.

Please share your similar stories here.  

Hopefully someone high enough in Paypal and eBay will start to become concerned

enough about how much money they are both starting to lose that this gets made a priority

to resolve.  It certainly has not been a high enough priority yet, as taking a month to fix this

is beyond ridiculous and VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

cericsmith
New Community Member

I completely agree!  I'm in the same boat, with the exact same results!  I was told they would open a ticket and email me when there is a resolution.  

Are they having to fix this by hand, one account at a time?  Is this a systemic problem?  I don't know.  But I do know that it's driving me INSANE!

Ok, not really... but it's keeping me from using PayPal for anything until this is fixed.

Login to Me Too

LionsCourt
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for adding your comments, cericsmith  !

I will try once every 24 hours to access the update/edit credit card section of Paypal and post here the results.

1/23/2012 12:40PM: Just tried, and I still got the "Sorry..." message page.

Login to Me Too

Audio54
Contributor
Contributor

I too am having the same problem. I want to get the $500 monthly withdraw limit waved and you have to open that link to do so. They charged my card the required $1.95, I got the 4-digit code, but cannot open the link to finish the job. I logged off and on several times just to get the same thing. I'm glad I went to the community help and saw your post before I called or I probably wound have went through the same pain you did. Instead I sent an Email to see if I will get an answer that will work I hope.

Login to Me Too

LionsCourt
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for sharing, Audio54!

I just checked again, 1/24/2012, 0458. and I am still getting the "sorry" error.

Login to Me Too

Audio54
Contributor
Contributor

Received a reply to my email and was directed to call customer service. Go figure.

Login to Me Too

LionsCourt
Contributor
Contributor

Ugh.  The eternal optomist in me thinks calling might help you, Audio54, but I have to believe at this point you will get the same kind of response, after navigating through their unweidling auto-response phone system, that we have all gotten, and it will be a waste of 45 minutes of your time.

I am going to give this another couple of days and then I am going to contact eBay as well, since they lock in so many buyers and sellers into using Paypal only, that I want to be sure they know they are having their business hury by this.

I know I would not post an auction until this is resolved, and I have seveal things I would like ot sell.

Login to Me Too

Audio54
Contributor
Contributor

Well Lionscourt, you were right about thinking calling might help. I called and they did what I needed over the phone. You might want to try calling again as they may now know there is a problem. They just asked for the last 4-digits of the credit card, gave them the 4-digit code they charged on the card, and pronto it was done-limit was lifted. I expected the worst but was shocked it went so smooth. Good Luck.

Login to Me Too

BobWW
Contributor
Contributor

I too am having no success updating a credit card expiration date. Can anyone provide the PayPal telephone number. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Audio54
Contributor
Contributor

Login, Click "Contact Us", Click "Call Us"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.