verified account won't work

Corjack
Contributor
Contributor

I have a verified account, or at least it says it is. I have bought a few things off of a couple websites in the last few months without a hitch. Yet when I try to make a purchase on Ebay, it will not complete the transaction, says my paypal account is not verified, and I have surpassed my spending limit. Unlinked the account, relinked it, still not a go. What am I overlooking?

Thanks

Ron

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

squasham

exactly the same problem has happened to me, ive tried everything....... far from happy......

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Do you have a checking account attached to your Paypal account

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Some merchants require you have a "card" on file.  If you add a branded (m/c visa) debit card or credit card that should solve the problem.

Login to Me Too

AdaBusyBee
Contributor
Contributor

I added a new credit card and it didn't save the problem with werifying my account.

Login to Me Too

AdaBusyBee
Contributor
Contributor

For the last two hours I've tried to veryfy my account - nothing works. They must have a mess in their computers or lazy computer operators. It's really annoying and discouraging to make business with E-Bay.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@AdaBusyBee wrote:

For the last two hours I've tried to veryfy my account - nothing works.

What exactly are you doing when you try to verify your account?  Is your account a US PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.