Paypal Stole my money

JJKMAN
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so to activate my credit card, paypal is going to charge me $1.95 to get it activated. Then they are going to send me a 4 digit code with that charge. I'm thinking that it's not a big deal because I did this not too long ago and it worked! Well, Igo to check my balance and they charged the $1.95 as they said, but then I got an additional charge of $1.00 for some reason I don't know. Not only did they give me the pointless $1.00 charge but i never received my 4 digit code!!!   This is a very poor system your running here and I'm extremely dissatisfied with my experience as a paypal customer. Maybe you'll be able to identify the problem but... I doubt it.

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

PayPal_Andy

Metalthon- I'm sorry to hear about the frustration you're feeling from this issue.  Looking at your post, and considering that the buyer has a 'button' to reverse the payment, makes me think it's sitting unclaimed.  So my first question is, is the email address they sent the payment to confirmed on your PayPal account? 

Second, was the payment sent to the email address that's on your PayPal account.  Typically these are the two biggest reasons payments aren't claimed.  If all else fails, give our customer service a call and we can look over your account and try and track things down for you.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Kathleen111
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal **bleep** and they stole 200 dolllars from me. 
They are evil 

Login to Me Too

robbedvictim

Paypal took $20 payment from a client away from me and I can't get in touch with them, ever.

I think Paypal has turned into a den of crooks hiding behind Internet.

Login to Me Too

tonyfouch007
Contributor
Contributor

Before making claims against Paypal first call them and try to work it out. They are considerate and do thorough investigations on all disputes. Mistakes are made on everyones behalf.

Login to Me Too

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Stop crying about $1.00, if you can't afford to lose $1.00, you don't need to be dealing with PayPal and eBay, honestly.. Your in over your head if you don't think you'r going to run into some problems.. PayPal is wonderful, but there are a WHOLE LOT OF crooked people out there that know the strings to take your money.

Other than that, simply ask PayPal, i'm sure they'd give your $1.00 back..   Most of the time it's not their fault, it's the card holder, you're probably using a prepaid card.

Login to Me Too

tonyfouch007
Contributor
Contributor

After 1 year with 100% positive feedback mostly sales paypal puts a hold on all of my money. They explain this with nothing but lies. I had $90.00 non held money and a $145.00 ebay bill. Paypal went to my bank account for the entire 145.00 when I had only 120.00 in. This cost me 30.00 overdraft charge. When I  had 90.00 non pending and enough in held funds to pay ebay they just **bleep**ed me. Also they say you can pay for shipping out of pending balance which was another lie. I have $300.00 Paypal is holding but when I purchased shipping label they go straif\ght to my bank account not caring whether this would cost me overdraft or not. They upped our rates without notification and also charge interest rates on shipping rates. This use to be fun and somewhat profitable but with their lies and deceipt it is becoming a nightmare. Believe nothing they tell you. Also when you advertise no returns this means no returns. 

Login to Me Too

tonyfouch007
Contributor
Contributor

After consideration I can understand limits on accounts and am thankful to Paypal for using pending balance for my shipping fees. This is very considerate act on their part and am glad to see good business practices. Thanks again Paypal.

Login to Me Too

bntdobes
Contributor
Contributor

I have used PayPal for years and have never had any problems. I was a little confused about the service charge when I used my PayPal account for purchases but the fees were reversed with in 72 hours. Would I recommend to others to use a PayPal card? Yes I definitely would.

Login to Me Too

pocmoz32
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same problem....how can they do that and how many other people have they done this to.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.