Paypal Stole my money

JJKMAN
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so to activate my credit card, paypal is going to charge me $1.95 to get it activated. Then they are going to send me a 4 digit code with that charge. I'm thinking that it's not a big deal because I did this not too long ago and it worked! Well, Igo to check my balance and they charged the $1.95 as they said, but then I got an additional charge of $1.00 for some reason I don't know. Not only did they give me the pointless $1.00 charge but i never received my 4 digit code!!!   This is a very poor system your running here and I'm extremely dissatisfied with my experience as a paypal customer. Maybe you'll be able to identify the problem but... I doubt it.

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

JJKMAN
Contributor
Contributor

Wow! 68 views and no replies!? You rock paypal! Keep up the good work!!

Login to Me Too

Outraged2On
WTF Paypal where's my $2.45? So I verified my credit card and according to your note the charge will be refunded after it was verified. It has been a frisking month! Sure it's a measly $2.45 for me but if you multiply that by the millions and maybe billions of members who fell into this scam of yours. This really annoys me and will probably find another way to pay for my stuff from now on and will tell everybody I know to stop using or don't bother using your services. Who do we have to contact to get this issue resolved?
Login to Me Too

notafan
New Community Member

Along this same line is there policy of holding your funds for "21"days on new accounts.   I understand the first couple transations maybe so buyers don't get burnt. But then again they have your bank info to draw from. I have 100% feedback only 47 so far but still only a handful of buyers even leave feedback. The stopped holding funds for a while but started again. As of today they are holding way over 1k - why.  What gives them the rite to hold my funds hostage?

I know it's not the same as most of you are talking about but it is simular.

Even though there are I guess a couple other companies that work like paypal - when using ebay  I have been told they just don't work as well and few use them.

Login to Me Too

kerrye321

Pay Pal just took me for $127.00. As a seller, I have proof from USPS of delivery. Still, the buyer says did not receive...so pay pal says too bad....that's it for me and this looser company called pay pal....I lost the merchandise and had to pay back pay pal....they make money off of every transaction I've make over the past 8 years. no more what a ripoff..........kerrye

Login to Me Too

tom2meg
Contributor
Contributor

I do not really understand what your problem is.  Was it a fee (I consider them pretty reasonable) or did you hit a button or something that would make more sense than they just STOLE MY MONEY.   If I could buy ANY service from a company that cost $2.50, I would have to think our economy must be looking up !

Login to Me Too

1doreen
Contributor
Contributor

you must have misunderstood i didn't accuse paypal of stealing my money i was looking for a phone number for paypal and i did get it paypal has more than been good with me i have no complaints with them it is with some of the people you purchase products from prommissing things and not following through with them and always saying they can help you make money but everytime you need help from those gurus they want more money to learn what you are asking them also, they promote products for other people to get  you to buy from them nobody keeps there word when it comes to internet marketing it is a no win situation

Login to Me Too

EBFM2526
Contributor
Contributor

I have spoken to paypal because this just happened to us. on the bank charge it will say 1234CODE <----  what ever your 4 digit code was there, is the code that you need to go back into paypal and do your credit card verification with. then your PAYPAL account will be credited the $1.95. not your bank account.  ALSO, if you are just updating the old card information, a reverification authorization of $1.00 will also occur but will be reversed as well as soon as PAYPAL gets an authorization of the account.

Melissa

Login to Me Too

Earlofyorkshire
New Community Member

I literally had the exact same sequence of events occur.

Login to Me Too

JJKMAN
Contributor
Contributor

This is ridiculous!! I had them charge another $1.95 to it to try again, and now $5 bucks have been charged with no hope of getting them back!! I had to make a purchase yesterday too and that's obviously not possible because of their terrible customer service! I love the motto too: Explore, Ask, Discover. Well... I sure havent discovered whats wrong so follow your motto and help me out!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.