Paypal Stole my money

JJKMAN
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so to activate my credit card, paypal is going to charge me $1.95 to get it activated. Then they are going to send me a 4 digit code with that charge. I'm thinking that it's not a big deal because I did this not too long ago and it worked! Well, Igo to check my balance and they charged the $1.95 as they said, but then I got an additional charge of $1.00 for some reason I don't know. Not only did they give me the pointless $1.00 charge but i never received my 4 digit code!!!   This is a very poor system your running here and I'm extremely dissatisfied with my experience as a paypal customer. Maybe you'll be able to identify the problem but... I doubt it.

Login to Me Too
75 REPLIES 75

hollyeason

WELL I ORDERED SOMTHING 6 WEEKS AGO THEY TOOK MY MONEY FAST 229.00 BUT THEY **bleep** SUREDONT WANT TO GIVE ME MINE. HOLLY

Login to Me Too

MandiJean

I have a similar problem although not exactly the same. I've already linked my bank account and confirmed everything but I just tried t make a purchase and was denied because I'd reached my sending limit. What sending limit???? I didn't know I had one and in order to remove it it says I need a code from my bank statement. After a while (a couple years) I shred them. I still have cash in my account but I can't use it because of this limit.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

MandiJean- First, welcome to the board! Let me help you figure out what's happening.  From what you describe, it sounds like you added your bank account a while back, but never completed the verification process. The 'code' that you refer to would've actually been two small deposits we made into your account to verify ownership.

The good news is, if you contact our customer service we may be able to resend those deposits. Once you verify ownership of the bank, your account would be verified and you can continue making purchases.  If for some reason we can't resend them, you may want to contact your bank as they should be able to pull old deposits and tell you how much it was.

Hope this helps!

Andy

Login to Me Too

TiredOfThem
Contributor
Contributor

When I first got my PPCredit card, all went fine and smooth. Transaction tests ok, and reimbursed all funds used.

I used the card for everything the frist month, paying it in full wehn statement came. The next month I notice on EVERY transaction the card had added one or two cents to all. I called them and asked them why the statement was over what the stores charged me. I was told the card is exactly what was charged. I then informed the guy I had all receipts in front of me to cross with statement that had over charges from what was actually charged.  Yes it came to about .26 cents, but I also stated to him that if all customers were overcharged a few cents, it adds up to lots of $$$$$ for them and with us the customer getting **bleep**ed. He went silent, then told me he would reimburse me for the difference and said he was sorry.  I informed him I looked cloesly at all my statements and I hoped this would not happen again.

So beware of a penny here, and a penny there with these guys.

Also beware the interest fees are off the wall expensive. And they will not work with yo to lower them for any reason.  Its good for a credit reference, but it **bleep** as far as doing me any good make purchases unless I can pay it off in full when used.

Login to Me Too

jen6801

I don't know what is going on with everyone's system but I have been a customer for a year and haven't EVER had a problem. Patience is a virtue. I promise. The four digit code was in the explanation of WHO took the $1.95. It is not very difficult to find but maybe confusing because you were expecting it elsewhere?

Login to Me Too

BayCruise53

Can't quite believe this thread - everything's in the literature & everything's explained ... you get less hassle with Paypal than with most payment systens (in my experience anyway) . No finance system's perfect.
Also can't believe that the Class Action Agitators are having so much fun shouting off - can only think that US Attorneys are having a slack month and want to drum up a few pointless fees ...

Login to Me Too

shortyman
Contributor
Contributor

Why don't you guys just close your bank accounts and open up another one!  They can't touch your money then!

Login to Me Too

TED30
New Community Member

I GAVE MY CREDIT CARD W/ CREDIT LINE

NO WAY WILL I GIVE MY BANK ACC.# AND ROUTING #----------ARE THEY NUTS?

Login to Me Too

cindy11957
New Community Member

Hi, I have had a problem with PayPay since I sold on Ebay. I have call customer service no help, I called CEO Amanda left message nothing back, I have called Media RElation left message nothing. I have sent e- mail's to everyone I can find for Paypal. About 15 e- mails & * phone calls nothing. I have confirmed bank infor 4 times, sent everything out I sold and even printed the lav=bel and postage thru Paypal. Still no money. I am closing my account and writing it off, but not before I go to MY local T.V. station

Login to Me Too

Metalthon
Contributor
Contributor

My auction close 2 weeks ago, they received item, gave me great feedback, and my pay pal account doesn't have this listed as a transaction. I have been communicating with my buyer and they tell me they can simply click a button, to keep the money. Its not fair, we are "out there" trying to make an honest buck, while e-bay and pay-pal only seem to want to send me to a variety of buttons, and they lead ME around as if they want me to give up and forget about my pay. I demand this company provide better customer support and step up, and make e-bay a Great place to shop, once again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.