Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

PepperHamilton
Contributor
Contributor

I have a good one for all of you. I got an e mail today from e bay saying that my e bay bucks have arrived.

I purchased a pair of earrings for less than my e bay certificates. There is no shipping charge. Therefore, my purchase comes to zero dollars.

A message popped up to tell me that I have exceeded my limit and the transaction cannot be approved. It's pretty bad when they won't approve a free transaction because they are so stupid.

I'm furious. They have no right to my bank account when they have my credit card. I guess or bank account is about to have more money in it, huh?

Login to Me Too

Pat1954
New Community Member

Pay Pal **bleep**!  If you reach your spending limit you have to get verified one of two ways.  Give them your bank information or get a credit card.  I chose to get the Master Card, My Bad.  Any purchases I made on eBay went straight to the card without my even activating it.  When I canceled the card I became unverified and again hit my spending limit.  The APR of the Ebay Master cards is much higher then the card I normally use, which is the reason I refuse to keep it and the fact that charges were made on it without my knowledge or even activating the card again proved that banking information is not only unsafe with pay Pal but subject to whatever terms and conditions they put in the fine print of there agreement.  My opinion is that they are just a bunch of thief's with a legal way of steeling your money and if you allow them access to your bank information it could be the biggest mistake you ever make.  Direct deposit works both ways, they can also make withdrawals and possibly without your knowledge.  My opinion is that if a seller will not take credit cards I will not do business with them or eBay.  At least with a credit card you can dispute a charge, if you give them your bank information your **bleep**ed.  They can remove  money from your account and obviously do it without your knowledge.  Then it's up to you and your bank to figure out what happened.  At least with a credit card you can dispute a charge and not pay that portion of the bill.  Think about it, They just want to control your accounts and have the ability to manipulate you finances.

Login to Me Too

wapitembo
New Community Member

This is exactly what has happened to me. Can't use PayPal unless I give access to bank account or get credit card. I don't want to do it. I have called twice now and received the same answer. So guess PayPal and I are parting ways. Too bad. I found it useful. Don't see why they allowed it to be linked to a credit card only at first and not anymore. Their loss.

Login to Me Too

theladyelle
Contributor
Contributor

If I'm not mistaken, when you charge via a credit card there are fees to be paid...direct withdrawal from your bank account costs nothing.  It's a matter of a percent or two profit.

Login to Me Too

vmo2001

GOOD MMOVE   maybe if enough people complain about it something will change

they definitely have become the opposite of what they were when they started

the whole idea was to be able to pay for things on line theough a secure site, now they are wanting to control information

i quit paypal now...

Login to Me Too

fartmasterf

this is 100% bull **bleep**, i have a bank account, but why should i have to give a company the info needed to take every cent i have worked for when all i want to do is send a friend of mine a few dollars? it does not make sense, it is not justfied in any way. i guess the $5 in my account is just going to sit there untill they decide to close my account and keep the money for themselves. there is no way that is is legal to hold ones money from them until they give you personal info. i hope every penny they have made gets taken from them in a class action lawsuit.

Login to Me Too

goodluck
Contributor
Contributor

I guess now that I hit my 10,000 dollar limit for the second time, I will need to do what I did the last time to get around this B.S.

I just called my bank and reported that I lost my Master Card. My bank issued me a new card with a new number. I setup a new paypal account with the new master card and I’m back to a 10k limit.

I would much rather dispute a change using my bank than dealing with paypal.

Good luck,

I’m calling my bank right now. 🙂

Login to Me Too

fedupwcorps
Contributor
Contributor

Be aware:  If you cancel your credit cards for any reason whatsoever, good or bad, I'm told it can adversely affect your credit rating.  The usual megalo-corporate mantra of "either way you lose."  I lived fine before the advent of credit cards, Ebay and Paypal;  I'll live fine without them.

Login to Me Too

goodluck
Contributor
Contributor

Not cancel my card but say I lost it. They will just issue a new card with new account number.

It worked fine last time.

good luck

Login to Me Too

magik_vmc
New Community Member

I just found out that PayPal set my spending limit at $0, and I say they set it at $0 because I know for sure that I was no where near the $10,000 limit that I had since I don't send more then $200 a month at most.  I've had my account since April 2000 but it's impossible for me to verify my account since I don't have a bank account in the USA and for the same reason can't qualify for the credit card...trust me I tried already.  Unfortunately I have some auctions on eBay that I need to pay and this is going to be a nightmare to get fixed, if I can at all.  Apparently PayPal no longer wants to do business with eBay because I won't be able to purchase anything ever again if this doesn't get fixed.  It's really disappointing to see something like this being done.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.