Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

disgett
Contributor
Contributor

I may close my account since I don't want to give my bank acct. info.....hope they will post a reply.

Login to Me Too

bettyspencer1
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with these comments.  I thought I was the only one who thought forcing me to give them my bank account number was not good business practive on my part. I have been a member of PayPal for years with no problems.  My record of payment is perfect.  Then, all of a sudden I cannot pay with Paypal until I "verify"  by either giving my bank account or applying for their credit card.  I notice that if you want to sign up, you don't have to give bank account information if you do not wish to.  They will accept your credit card info.  Has any one tried canceling membership and then reapplying?  Will they let you do that?  That I will do. 

Login to Me Too

Lindacat
Contributor
Contributor

I've been posting and getting no response from support, for months now. In answer to your question about closing account, then open a new one, that's been tried. I read quite a few posts where people tried that. One person even said customer support told them to do that. When they did, the new account rejected their info cuz it was used on the old account. It detected the same credit card or bank acct info and wouldn't let it go through. Pay pal just wants to force people to get their own credit card. I thought of doing the same thing til I read that. hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

bettyspencer1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Lindacat, for your response.  I have been talking to and emailing PayPal for a couple of weeks trying to find out why I suddenly was refused a purchase through them.  I would not give my bank account, but finally applied for their credit card as that was another way to verify.  I opted NOT to use it as primary funding source, but thought that it would allow me then to use the card I have been using for years with them.  Not so.  So I immediately tried to cancel their Mastercard.  I was told that I had to wait a day or two to cancel as the forms had not yet been processed.  This morning I received an email telling me that I had been "reinstated".  I tried to make a purchase and it still would not go through.  And I then sent an email to cancel the PayPal Mastercard.  I just this evening received a phone call from PayPal about this cancellation request.  Before she passed me onto the Mastercard people, we got into a conversation as to why I was being blocked and why I was being told I had to be verified by giving them my bank account number.  Long conversation ....but she finally said that since I received an email saying that I had been reinstated, that within a day or two the security lock should also be removed and that I shoud keep trying to purchase through Paypal and eventually it would go through and then, I guess, all will be good in my world again.  Perhaps just applying for the Paypal Mastercard and then cancelling it set the reinstating in motion.  Don't know.  I'll have to wait and see what happens next.  Good thing I'm retired, wouldn't have time for all this.  I would just give up except that there are many businesses who won't do business transaction online with anyone but PayPal.   I'll let you know if I am successful within a few days and will be able to make a purchase.

Login to Me Too

Lindacat
Contributor
Contributor

Betty...thanks for the detailed info on your adventures in PayPal Land. I'm also very curious to know what will happen. It may be as you said, that just applying for their card will get the lock lifted. Hope that works because you are so right when you say that many sellers won't do anything unless it's through PayPal. Do keep posting. I'd love to hear how this all turns out, hopefully for the best where you're concerned.

Login to Me Too

lizjohnson9

I agree with this whole thread, it's my money and I want to spend it without linking it to my bank account! Even more ludicrous is that Paypal made my spending limit $0!! So I can't spend any of my money?? Paypal needs to address this or I will end up linking my bank account --- but then removing all my money from paypal and never using their service again!

Login to Me Too

bettyspencer1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, there....just wanted to update that I finally was able to become a paypal member without having to give my bank account number.  As per one of the gals that I talked to .... I purchased a moneycard from Walmart....green dot.....I loaded $20 on it.  It cost me a service fee of $4.50.  I then entered the money card on my Paypal account and made it my primary funding source.  I bought two items on Ebay and they went through without a problem.  Then I reentered my original credit card and whoopee, it worked.  Since I use Paypal so much, I figure it was worth the $4.50.  So I am back in their good graces.  I still think their security system is a little **bleep**ed up.  There are too many of us good clients being caught in their unusual security sweeps. 

Login to Me Too

JIMMYDO
Contributor
Contributor
Pay pal is just trying to get you to use their credit card. They cut me off even though I have a perfect payment record. This is the end of bay. I do not have to use a macy credit card to shop at macy's do I ? I can use my reg credit card. Pay pal is ripping everyone off.
Login to Me Too

triathlyn
Contributor
Contributor

I called them, fuming and requested compolete cancellation of Pay Pal in any form. Suddenly, the were all copacetic with MY WAY; I'm in control as to how it's used. They take ) money from any acct, and I pay from my credit card.

Login to Me Too

JIMMYDO
Contributor
Contributor
Glad to hear pay pal listened. eBay started out as a community of buyers and sellers and the ease of pay pal helped sales. Fast forward 10 years and e bay has changed...every effort is made by management to extract the last nickel from the users. If you are dumb enough you accept their pay pal card, more profit for the greedy **bleep** in management. If you have to call into the pay pal call center you will get to talk with some the nasty people, who take a stupid bill in order to deal with you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.