FAKE EMAIL FROM FAKE PAYPAL IN NIGERIA

AdamShoshan
New Community Member

Please be careful.

There are people bidding on items who have fake emails set up from Nigera.

They Bid on your item, win and then send you fake emails with the Paypal skin.

*****Assurance From PayPal Team Support ***** From PAYPAL.CO.UK

Dear *** ( my name is here ),

We are pleased to inform you that the payment is still pending and will not be released into your PayPal account until we receive the shipping  details of the item from you.What you suggest is against PayPal refund policy,and as such we can not welcome such suggestion.We strongly believe that we have answered your questions as we may not entertain any further questioning from you concerning this issue.

Hence we advise that you proceed with the shipping of the item to the buyer so that we can credit your account as soon as you send us the tracking number and we have contact eBay on this issue may be you are fraud seller  please get back to us with the tracking number as soon as you send the item to the buyer address.

Afolabi Emmanuel
  279,Abeokuta Motor Rd
  Agege,
  Lagos,23401
  Nigeria

Please respond within the next 24hrs..

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

Thank you for providing this information and helping others become aware of this.  

It is very important not to send anything until you see transaction details showing in your PayPal account. 

Login to Me Too

izzati

oh my God..

i have been cheated by some nigerian fake paypal owner.

I'm selling my watch in Ebay, then I received an email from somebody name jame smith. He said that he wanted to buy the watch for 200 pound, as need to send the item to nigeria, so assuming the 200 pound covered up the shipping cost.

He asked to request money to his email

then I received a paypal confirmation email, saying that I have to send the parcel tracking number to paypal custome care, so that, it would be verified and the money will be credited into my account.

suddenly, he said that, paypal had made a mistake by mistakenly transferred extra 200 pound to my account, (apparently I haven't receive any money from him at all!).

that paypal claimed that, the transaction of my 200pound will only be successfull if I refund his 200 pound to him. 

What the **bleep**?

I am a new ebayer, now i have been cheated by a buyer. this is ridiculous and silly me realising that email was just a fake after a few mails that I received from that dummies paypal. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

Had you send any funds to this person or the item?

As you say it was a fake email.

PayPal will never ask you to ship anything if you don't see the transaction details in your PayPal account balance. 

Login to Me Too

JanaZandi
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me today. Pretty much to the T... As soon as I received the email about the error of (for me it was $350), I thought something was up. I decided to do more research, even though I had already shipped the item. Now I am struggling (on a Sunday) to try and intercept my package before it leaves the country. It will cost me the shipping and intercepting charges but at least my items (worth $1300) will be back with me. I hope we can catch it. DO NOT fall for this like I did, and in my research I learned so many others did too.

This was my first time using paypal and I didn't know what to expect from them and it has cost me. Learning experience: I can't trust everyone after all

Login to Me Too

hetho
Contributor
Contributor

I need HELP!!! Have a problem and cannot find answer. Sold 2 different items, for 2 different buyer. Accidentally I mixed-up the package labels on the package. Item "A"  sold for $250 and item "B" sold for $109 Wrote to both buyers, asking the item returned back to me and I will pay the returned shipping and send present. Buyer "B" returned the item. After this,  I mailed the correct item to this buyer + and now it is OK. Buyer "A"  NOT RETURNED MY ITEM. eBay and PayPal have listed her same ID name and shipping address in the USA, where I mailed the item with USPS Delivery Confirmation. She have 2 different email address listed on eBay and only one email address on PaPal. This person "A" answer to me only with one (1) email saying: "I am not the buyer, my friend the buyer and she live in CANADA". I don't received anymore email's. I wrote to "eBay User Information request" and this person have exact same ID user name and her name also the same. For address she have there: Bowmanville, ON. CANADA and a FAKE, NOT WORKING TEL. NUMBERS. I try to send my problem for Help to eBay and PayPal, but it is IMPOSSIBLE, CANNOT GO THRU. They making to difficult to ask HELP. I called on the Phone, and told me, they cannot help me. I don't understand why and how this person can shop on eBay and PayPal without the correct personal information and against the regulations??? I am writing here, maybe somebody can give me advise or HELP? (I like to mention this person ID name, but I don't know, if I can? or not?) Thank you.

Login to Me Too

technofreak13
Contributor
Contributor

I really wish someone would have showed my this a month ago 😕 this happened to me with my camera and I ended up sending 220 bicks total to this guy....now I think he's trying to scare me, saying he has his lawyer in on this for what "paypal" "promises" is the final payment

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You only have to google nigeria/paypal or other websites and you will get a stream of info, its been going on for at least the 11 years i have been a buyer/seller on ebay.

The most important things are below.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Most scams originate from Nigeria and people there cannot even own a paypal account.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hgroombridg2
New Community Member

The exact same thing happened to me just last week,

I sold an old iPhone 4 for the total sum of £290.00 as a "buy it now" price (which is what eBay had advised). It was my first time selling on eBay and using PayPal for a transaction. After reading the email from the official eBay address saying the item had sold and I had a message waiting from "Vickky" (who I now know is a man in Essex) asking me to send her/him an invoice through PayPal. That I did. I then recieved another email from PayPal saying they would credit me the money owed as soon as I emailed them the tracking number for the parcel when I sent it. I was given 24hours to do it or they would contact me again. I did as I was told and sent the parcel and emailed the tracking number and got a reply saying the money would be credited. After 24hours of waiting for the credited money it was still not given to me, I emailed questioning the where abouts of this credited money as it was not transacted "instatly", the fake PayPal emailed and said the buyed had "accidently" credited £400 and I was to send the money owed to the buyer back to him otherwise I would not be credited. It was beyond me that someone could make this mistake, so I emailed a complaint and assured the PayPal team I would not be sending the money to anyone until I had been credited my owed money. I instantly got an reply, saying I was breaching PayPal policy, they would not entertain me with their response but legal action would be taken upon me if I did not do as asked. After putting money into a bank account (I was given the sort court and account number) I had to produce a reciept and was told again that the money would be instantly transacted.

After another 24hours there was no money, I checked the email addresses and although they were sent on "behalf" of eBay and PayPal, the email addresses had begun to change. This of course rung alarm bells so I rung PayPal action line where they confirmed this was a scam.

I have rung the police,  fraud agencies, PayPal complaints, eBay complaints and customer service and the bank. None of which can do anything about the matter or advise me what to do next, just keep reminding me that I have been a victim of fraud and to not send anything to Nigeria again.

I find it completely disgusting that not only was this done in 3 working days, but no one is interested nor "able" to do anything to take action against these people.

The bank account used for this person I have now found out is in Chelmsford in Essex, the police nor the bank society itself care, and believe they cannot do anything even though it is evidently a frauding account where the email's ip address is still live and running as you read this.

My suggestion to you all is when using PayPal to ring and confirm the address, I know this is a trouble and hassle, however, it is time taken out to assure you will not getting frauded as I or the others below me did. The postal address is still the same as the one listed below, the package was picked up and signed for.

Login to Me Too

keny
New Community Member

Hi,same happen to me .Ebay member wanted to by an item from mine and we agreed on sum.so i gave tehm my paypal account but no money appear in the account.i received a email from"paypal" to post the item straight away.just reported to paypal team.hope they manage good safety as they claim.

@AdamShoshan wrote:

Please be careful.

There are people bidding on items who have fake emails set up from Nigera.

They Bid on your item, win and then send you fake emails with the Paypal skin.

*****Assurance From PayPal Team Support ***** From PAYPAL.CO.UK

Dear *** ( my name is here ),

We are pleased to inform you that the payment is still pending and will not be released into your PayPal account until we receive the shipping  details of the item from you.What you suggest is against PayPal refund policy,and as such we can not welcome such suggestion.We strongly believe that we have answered your questions as we may not entertain any further questioning from you concerning this issue.

Hence we advise that you proceed with the shipping of the item to the buyer so that we can credit your account as soon as you send us the tracking number and we have contact eBay on this issue may be you are fraud seller  please get back to us with the tracking number as soon as you send the item to the buyer address.

Afolabi Emmanuel
  279,Abeokuta Motor Rd
  Agege,
  Lagos,23401
  Nigeria

Please respond within the next 24hrs..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.