eBay Refund

gu1do
Contributor
Contributor

I asked for a refund on an item I ordered over eBay, payed originally with my debit card and I was issued a PayPal refund transaction ID. When I click on said transaction ID, it redirects me to the PayPal login page. After logging in, nothing happens. I did not receive my refund. The money was not refunded to debit card either. Please help.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Go to your original payment transaction detail on your computer.  Is there a linked refund transaction?

Login to Me Too

gu1do
Contributor
Contributor

transaction.PNG

This is what I received from the email from eBay. It links the transaction ID. But like I said, nothing happens when I click on it.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

credit transactions can take 3-7 days,up to 30 days

Login to Me Too

aramacao
New Community Member

I have had almost precisely the same problem. I paid with Paypal from wthin Ebay. The Ebay seller reported refunding my money on August 16, and a linked Paypal transaction number is included in that message. But the link only takes me to a Paypal sign-in page. I have subsequently learned that if I pay with Paypal from within Ebay, it can take up to 30 days to post the refund(why??). It is now September 17th, and there is no sign that my money has been refunded. I'm feeling pretty grumpy about an Ebay feature that is promoted as a convenience but that does not function in a timely or traceable manner.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.