Scam through paypal

prasanthmpvs
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys,

I was scammed using paypal and after filing a claim it is now closed.

I listed my item on ebay. I got an email and they asked me to end the listing and they would buy the product. Being relatively new to ebay, i didn't know the policies and shipped the item. The money was first credited and was then refunded to the buyer. After numerous attempts to contact the paypal team I finally got through and they said that the buyer requested a refund as the transaction was unauthorized. I provided the receipt of my postage on the resolution centre and the case was closed. Anyone faced a similar situation? Any leads would be much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Did the buyer ask you for your email address after you ended the listing  ??

Login to Me Too

prasanthmpvs
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

No. The buyer asked me to contact him on another email. I don't think this was connected to his ebay account.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal seller protection for unauthorised transaction-

seller must show he has shipped,not necessarily delivered to the address shown on Paypla payment notice

item must be whole or partial eligible for protection.

yu need to appeal

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

there is no ebay protection since it is conducted outside Ebay

Login to Me Too

prasanthmpvs
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. I know that ebay doesn't cover as i didn't sell through it. I appealed on paypal. But the appeal was closed.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

go to paypal site and read about seller protection on unauthorised transaction,thenc all Paypal and point out you qualify.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I have been hearing more and more of buyer cancelling payments?

How is this possible?

Login to Me Too

prasanthmpvs
Contributor
Contributor
The buyer, apparently a scam, first sends the payment. After you ship they mark it as unauthorized. The reason they give is that their account was hacked. And paypal rules in the benefit of the buyer. Even though i submitted proof that i have posted the merchandise, and any conversation with the buyer, it's not considered valid. I have no idea why.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

go back to the Paypal payment notice-

is it ok to ship?

did you ship to the address in the payment and do you have proof of shipping,it doe snot have to be delivered,just prove you have shipped?

is the item whole or partial eligible for seller protection?

if the answers are all yes,appeal or talk to a person,remind them of Paypal seller protection for unauthorised transaction,you can find it on its site

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.