Personal Name Change

RSi1
Contributor
Contributor

Good Day,

According to PayPal policy, it is not possible to change the name of the account holder unless it is a minor change.

When the account was created it was done so using a business partner name. Since then the partner has left the company leaving us with a major problem as verification of the account cannot proceed.

The email address used to login and the credit card are both mine.

We have submitted the documents for a name change, including ID & Credit Card Statements as requested by PayPal in the hope that the Compliance Department would be able to see that a name change is indeed needed.

Apparently, after reading the forums, this can take a very long time to do.

Can someone suggest a way forward?

1.) Create a Business Account as an Individual?

2.) Transfer all the funds to our bank account and reopen a PayPal Account using the correct information? (Is this doable? Limitations on transfers due to the account needing verification?)

3.) Other suggestions?

Also, how does one contact PayPal via email? We are based in South Africa and the US call centre does not appear to take our issue seriously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It seems your issue is not really a name change but an account holder change; you can't do that.

I assume you meant the account was in the name of another person and that other person is no longer part of the business.

What financial links were used?  Was the financial ID used that of the business or that of the other account holder?

I see that the credit card is in your name; this creates another problem as the account has one name but credit card of another name.

I think you just need to open a new account with a new account holder name.  Since the accounts were in the name of a person you can't just transfer funds from one account to another like you would do with a bank.  You would have to ask the other account holder to send you the funds for your new account.

I think you have a serious problem with conficting information used for the original account.

To contact PayPal support click on Help & Contact at the bottom of the page and select from the options available.

You need to understand PayPal ID and security policies and then very carefully and logically lay out plan, not missing any detail.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It seems your issue is not really a name change but an account holder change; you can't do that.

I assume you meant the account was in the name of another person and that other person is no longer part of the business.

What financial links were used?  Was the financial ID used that of the business or that of the other account holder?

I see that the credit card is in your name; this creates another problem as the account has one name but credit card of another name.

I think you just need to open a new account with a new account holder name.  Since the accounts were in the name of a person you can't just transfer funds from one account to another like you would do with a bank.  You would have to ask the other account holder to send you the funds for your new account.

I think you have a serious problem with conficting information used for the original account.

To contact PayPal support click on Help & Contact at the bottom of the page and select from the options available.

You need to understand PayPal ID and security policies and then very carefully and logically lay out plan, not missing any detail.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.