Can I transfer money from PayPal to American Express Serve

Keiki627
New Community Member

I have the routing number and account number for my American Express Serve account, but everytime I try to link the account it tells me to try again later. I emailed PayPal many times, but only get what seems to be an automated response with a link to the Q&A's page. Is there a way to get money from PayPal to this account? It is the one I use with softcard, and it has the capability to transfer money into the account. I am just trying to save a step from having to transfer to another account, just to have to transfer again to this one.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

ubose
Contributor
Contributor

I also want to know how to transfer money from my Paypal account to my American Express Serve account. Will appreciate if someone can help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @ubose,

Withdrawing funds to an American Express card would depend on the country your PayPal account is registered in.

Each country has different account offerings. Some countries do allow for the withdrawal of funds to a credit card. Here is a link that will provide the different account offerings per country. Please review the withdraw options for the country your PayPal account is registered in.

Thanks,

Tricia Smiley Happy

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ubose
Contributor
Contributor

I am in USA. I see that US Paypal accounts allow withdrawing funds from PayPal account to local bank account and via a check.

I see that there is a Link a card feature. If I link my Paypal account to my American Express Serve prepaid card, can I transfer money from my Paypal account to my American Express Serve card?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @ubose,

As you are in the US, the withdrawal options available would be to withdrawal to a US bank account or via check. The card linking option in the US would be used as a funding source.

Thanks,
Tricia Smiley Happy

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

In the U. S. you can only trasnfer funds to a bank account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DPCreations

or they can send you a cheque.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ubose
Contributor
Contributor

American Express Serve has an associated bank (American Express Centurion Bank) with its routing number and account number associate with my prepaid American Express Serve card. When I try to link this bank account, Paypal says sorry it can't link to that bank account. Any thoughts why it will not?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @ubose,

I'm sorry for the frustration.

This wouldn't be something that we do support as the account you are trying to add is registered as a prepaid credit card and not a bank account.

Thanks,

Tricia Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.