Unauthroized dispute

erindb35
Contributor
Contributor

last month i was in the hospital for a extended amount of time, my room mate at the time had access to my laptop which had my paypal info stored in browser log in history, he made 48 deposits to some "gsn cash games" mobile site.

I filed unauthroized claim with a police report provided, its now the 10th day and the seller has not replied, and I get 48 emails saying they have provided me a provisional credit, whats the deal with this because I google and search pay pal help and nothing comes up.

Im having my left foot amputated tomorrow due to infection and complications of my diabetes and would really like this to be solved for good because i fear im not going to be able to respond to anything for a while.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Since you know the person, it's time to go after your roommate for payment.  If your roommate won't pay, it's time to find a trustworthy roommate.

When living with someone else all accounts should always be locked when not in use so you are ready for emergencies.

I can sympathize with the hauling away by paramedics as I was in that situation 3 years ago and unexpectedly in the hospital for 26 days.  Medically, it is extremely scary.  Fortunately I live with a trustworthy person.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@erindb35 wrote:
Either way, I didnt give him authorization to do anything, kinda out of my control, didnt tell the paramedics hey make sure my computers locked as they were hauling me away to icu,

you are responsible for your laptop and all the information on it,not the paramedics.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So you were in the hospital and left your laptop at home,your roommate used your laptop,and used your Paypal account to gamble online?

How does he gain access to your Paypal password,is it saved automatically when you sign on to Paypal account?

Online gamble sites have seen these cases ,so they must have measures to prove that it is legit,it probably saved all the information needed like ISP -it is your laptop,it is your ISP,date and time etc to fight any unauthorised charges.

I have never heard of Paypal issuing temporary credit before the case is resolved,what it does is withhold the $$ from the seller.

You can try appealing,are these credit card charges,if so,file chargeback with the credit card issuer and present the police report and your hospital stay proving you are not home.

BTW,who is your ISP and how do you go online with your laptop-dial up,DSL,wireless/satellite,cable??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.