Unauthroized dispute

erindb35
Contributor
Contributor

last month i was in the hospital for a extended amount of time, my room mate at the time had access to my laptop which had my paypal info stored in browser log in history, he made 48 deposits to some "gsn cash games" mobile site.

I filed unauthroized claim with a police report provided, its now the 10th day and the seller has not replied, and I get 48 emails saying they have provided me a provisional credit, whats the deal with this because I google and search pay pal help and nothing comes up.

Im having my left foot amputated tomorrow due to infection and complications of my diabetes and would really like this to be solved for good because i fear im not going to be able to respond to anything for a while.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@erindb35

Phone customer services for an update.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

erindb35
Contributor
Contributor

Yes just waiting on them to open, afraid that while im down the seller will win this case because I wont be able to reply, but while waiting for them to open i cant find one thing about this.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Who sent the 48 emails?

What information have you received from PayPa?

Have you escalated the dispute to a claim?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

did you open a dispute of unauthorised transactions on Paypal or rather 48 disputes?

how di your roommate make those payments using your Paypal account?

With his own pc or phone OR with your laptop?

who issues the provisional credits?

ifyou have open a dispute on Paypal,log into your Paypal account and under resolution/cases,find the status of the case.

it sound like that game site provides digital goods,meaning it has no online viewable tracking to prove delivery,is it correct?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

there is no sellerprotection for digital/virtual goods as seller cannot prove physical delivery with online viewable tracking from a commercial carrier like UPS,USPS .

Login to Me Too

erindb35
Contributor
Contributor

So here is what I learned and the full story

Last month i was in hospital for 13 days, during this period my room mate had access to my pay pal account and racked up about 1700 dollars worth of charges to GSN games, some gambling website

I filed a claim and the seller never responded on the 10th day i recieved a provisional credit for 1075 dollars for 48 claims, reason for the amount is i was working directly with them over the phone and they started to refund about 600 dollars of the charges.

But they stopped cooperating with me so i filed a claim on day 10 i called, and was told today is thelast day for them to reply I wouldnt worry about the credits(they were already withdrawn and hit my bank account and mosty used)( im having my left foot amputated monday mornig due to diabetes complications so money was kinda spent as soon as i got it to cover bills)

Paypal told me its very very very very rare that i would lose at this point because i had the police report to back up my claims.

Then 7 hours later i get emails stating all the claims have been denied and now im gonna be negative 1075 dollars in my paypal account. They state that the charges are infact authorized but i dont see how they can claim that when One, i never used my paypal until april, these were done by someone else and the only charges up until i used pay pal to make a small donation to a childrens hospital.

So now I spent the funds, and it was stupid on my part but i honestly thought at this point i won. so save the drama, i get it was stupid.

So what happens now, any advice on what i can do to reverse the decision

i figured they didnt reply, i have police report, and the site they were using cant show anything shipped, delivered to me, and they used my first name and someone elses last name on the site used to make purchases

Login to Me Too

erindb35
Contributor
Contributor
They used my laptop in my home , pay pal issued the provisional credits the day before the claim was supposed to end
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I thought this was your hospitable room roommate and you had your laptop in the hospital.

Rather you had your UNSECURED laptop in a home you share with another person.  By allowing the other person on the home to have full access to your laptop it would assume that you authorized accesss to PayPal.  I would expect you to loose an unauthorization dispute.

Login to Me Too

erindb35
Contributor
Contributor
Either way, I didnt give him authorization to do anything, kinda out of my control, didnt tell the paramedics hey make sure my computers locked as they were hauling me away to icu,
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.