Paypal transaction question - goods and services - any help is much appreciated

jchan26
New Community Member

I'm planning on make a paypal goods and services transaction where I am the seller. The item I am having swapped is worth more than $1000. In the goods and services, am I right to assume paypal can cover $750 and needs a written signature? Also if everything has been bank/credit card certified for people's accounts, there's no faking it? Is that a correct assumption? As long as I am fulfilling my end in providing the item within 7 days, packaged well and all the other rules. I'm just trying to be cautious as this is my first time with a larger transaction. They can't **bleep** me over once they have something pending and there's no pull out of the situation if I live up to my side, right? Thanks for any help in advance. -JC

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal deals with money, not trades.  This means you SELL the item for a specific value.  Send the buyer a PayPal invoice to include product pictures, description, shipping, and price.  Buyer pays.  You ship.

You include online tracking to show delivery.  For over $750 you need to include signature for delivery confirmation.

If someone sells you something it is reversed.

Your sale is only contingent on receiving payment, nothing more.

Login to Me Too

jchan26
New Community Member
Understood. My wording wasn't the best, but yes you are correct. I am selling something of specific value. Invoice is a good idea. Sorry I'm really novice with paypal and still learning the ropes. Sometimes I feel there is so much rhetoric in the explanations I'm concerned I may have missed a detail.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's simple.  You are selling something.  That's it, nothing more.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal is a payment processor,buyer can pay you using Paypal fund,credit card or bank account.

read Paypal seller protection to learn more.

There is no protection for certain categories and there is no protection for item not as described.

say you sold a ROLEX and it turns out to be a fake. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.