Paypal annual error resolution notice

921cleaner
Contributor
Contributor
I got an email saying Paypal annual error resolution notice. Should I open it?
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

lutece7
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same email, and it looks highly suspicious, because when I roll over the links they want you to click, the domain name is "paypal-communications.com"  which could have been registered by anyone. Surely they wouldn't have sent us an email with links other than paypal.com !

Login to Me Too

CatJ
New Community Member
I just got the same email.
Login to Me Too

ellamayoak
New Community Member

I got the same email, too.

Login to Me Too

RG69
New Community Member

Opening email in windows mail caused malwarebytes to block 4 attemps at port access...don't touch it with a 10 foot pole!

-refer to:

/t5/Fraud-phishing-and-spoof-Archive/Flag-this-messagePayPal-Annual-Privacy-Policy-and-Error/td-p/97082

Login to Me Too

Kent54235
New Community Member

Same here!

Login to Me Too

webenomads
Contributor
Contributor

I also received the same message today, January 17. I forwarded it to spoof@paypal.com. Will let you know if PayPal replies.

Login to Me Too

wiseowlbookshop
Contributor
Contributor

One of several "Paypal" emails I have received in the past month.

This looks very official. But when I accessed Paypal directly to find a contact number for error resolution, it is given as <removed>. The email gives such a number as <removed>. Searching the Paypal website for that number produces several results, only one of which, on the page, does this number appear. That page answers the question "I am unable to confirm my account ownership. What do I do?

There are a number of people at paypal-community concerned abouthis email. At a time when phishing emails are a regular occurence, Paypal should make sure that information is uniform across all of its media.

As the number doea appear to be a paypal number, it appears as though the email is legitimate, however...

I have emailed to spoof@paypal.com as well.

Login to Me Too

webenomads
Contributor
Contributor

Today I received THREE of these emails. But something looked suspicious about them. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the sender's email (lithium dot com).

That didn't look like PayPal's normal return address.

Rather than take a chance, I forwarded them all to spoof@paypal.com.

@wiseowlbookshop wrote:

One of several "Paypal" emails I have received in the past month.

This looks very official. But when I accessed Paypal directly to find a contact number for error resolution, it is given as <removed>. The email gives such a number as <removed>. Searching the Paypal website for that number produces several results, only one of which, on the page, does this number appear. That page answers the question "I am unable to confirm my account ownership. What do I do?

There are a number of people at paypal-community concerned abouthis email. At a time when phishing emails are a regular occurence, Paypal should make sure that information is uniform across all of its media.

As the number doea appear to be a paypal number, it appears as though the email is legitimate, however...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.