Long time PayPal user, first time with this issue

mbushnell
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I am a long time PayPal user, but have an issue I’ve never had to deal with before.  I sold an iPhone 6S to someone on EBay several weeks ago.

Today, I received a notification from EBay telling me the following: We had to cancel bids and purchases on the following item(s) for the buyer, egmoh.6kfzyllf, because they were made without the account owner's permission

Immediately after that, I received a notice from PayPal that a claim had been filed by the person to whom I sent the phone.  He claims that “The seller listed this phone with box and earpods but I got just phone no accessories.”  In fact, the listing explicitly stated that the phone would NOT come with any accessories.  

The buyer has offered to settle the claim for $77.  I have politely declined.  I provided PayPal with proof in the resolution center that the listing stated it was for the phone only.  

Is there anything else I should do at this point?  This is obviously a scam, and I’ll be dated if this dirtbag gets a dime off of me.  

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.