No Response From Paypal Appeal

Busie
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so I have been trying to contact paypal to make an appeal with no success, every single mail has not been replied, phone calls have unhelpful as I keep getting passed around without any one knowing the status of my appeal.

Here is what happened:

I sold an item on a website and few days after the transaction was completed, the buyer fraudulently filed an unauthorized access claim and I got a mail from paypal stating I should provide proof of delivery within 7 days.

I contacted the website where the transaction took place and asked for steps on how I would get the invoice and delivery that was generated during the transaction and also contacted the buyer via his registered paypal email, and the buyer promptly deleted his profile on the site where the transaction took place.

24hours later, I got the invoice and proof of delivery from the website, but here is the shocking thing: before the 24hour period, paypal had closed the case and decided in the buyer's favor!

I have emailed the invoice and proof of delivery to paypal but paypal has never once responded or attempted to call me. I have called several times, and all I keep getting from the agents is: the appeals department can't be contacted directly and we do not have access to know or contact them for status on any appeal case.

I have even emailed the appeal team and suggested they do an audit log of all login attempt on the buyer's paypal account to cross check the IP address that was used to login the transaction in question and all other transactions on the buyer's paypal account that has never been disputed.

How can I resolve this issue? I am out $498 and my item, making a total of $996. The more pertinent question however is: why is paypal not responding to my appeal, not even to issue a denial? and why would they close the case in under 24hours when I had 7 days to respond?

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@@@Busie

How can I resolve this issue? I am out $498 and my item, making a total of $996. The more pertinent question however is: why is paypal not responding to my appeal, not even to issue a denial? and why would they close the case in under 24hours when I had 7 days to respond?

---------------------------------------------------------------

where did you get 996,you can only lose what you sold,either the item or the payment.not both.

you said you sold it on a website and you need them to show delivery confirmation?

what does the DC say,did it say it has been delivered to buyer address.

Paypal robot reads DC ,it must be delivered to the address buyer registered with Paypal or on the payment notice.

is the transaction in your paypal history  now>go find it

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I suspect you are not providing relevant details.

What did you sell?

What did you ship?

How did you ship?

What was the origin?

What was the destination?

It was your responsbility to add the online tracking number the transction on your PayPal account at time of shipment.  That's all you needed to do and that all PayPal needs to check.

It was your responsbility to retain the tracking number from the sale so you would have it.

It's not PayPal's fault you didn't retaint proper delivery information.

Login to Me Too

Busie
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations: I never said it was paypal's fault tracking wasn't added. But it is paypal's fault they closed the case within 24hours after buyer filed for unauthorized access claim and it is also their fault they are not responding to emails, phone calls or tweets on twitter or is that somehow my fault?

In all honesty, I never knew the site (paxful) had an invoice or digitally signed delivery tracking in place till the guy filed for an unauthorized access claim and I contacted the support staff. That was emailed to paypal appeals department after they closed the case in under 24hours...Now from everything I have read about paypal's claim process, you are given 7 days to respond to any claim so why was the claim decided in 24hours?

Since you apparently seem to be advocating for paypal and insinuating it is my fault, could you kindly answer why paypal would close the claim in under 24hours as against their stipulated 7 days?

@Whac-A-Mole: you can loose both: buyer was refunded the money he paid ($498) and I am out of my goods...hence the word double jeopardy. I'm loosing at on both ends...no funds, no items.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

so you have the tracking number did it say delivered to buyer address?

if so,then appeal,there should be a button right next to the case,appeal!

you are right,it should be more days for seller tor respond,dont know why it is closed in 24 hours.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if the case is item not received,there should be a place to add tracking ,now the case is closed,you have to appeal abd give them the tracking number and the carrier.

there is a very long line of disputes and you will have to wait,I would call the web site and ask what can they do to help

Login to Me Too

Busie
Contributor
Contributor

@Whac-A-Mole: I have called severally over the past one month! its been one story or the other, no 2 agents have ever told me the same thing! I don't have an appeal button next to the case and buyer opened an unathourized access claim, not item not delivered. and since there is no appeal button, I can't upload documents nor add tracking.

I got this email addresses from different agents:

appeal at paypal.com, appeals at paypal.com, claimsappeal at paypal.com

I have mailed all 3 over the past 6 weeks, not once have a gotten a response!

And yes, I did attach invoice and proof of delivery to in all instances. I have tweeted at @askpaypal wth a single response that someone would contact me about the case, I am still waiting for the email or phone call. Its been over 2weeks; every other tweet after that has elicited no response.

Its gotten to the stage I am actually begining to wonder if the scammer isn't an employee of paypal hence the lack of response from paypal when they notice it is one of their own involved. Crazy I know but how else does one explain the total lack of response and absolute silence on the matter, as well as the fact that the case was closed in his favor within 24hours! I have never heard that being done! Even from paypal's terms and user agreeement it's 7days at the least!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Busie said-

24hours later, I got the invoice and proof of delivery from the website, but here is the shocking thing: before the 24hour period, paypal had closed the case and decided in the buyer's favor!

---------------------------------------

just find the PAYPAL payment notice,if it does not say full or partially eligible for seller protection,then you are not protected.

This could explain why Paypal closes the case so quickly. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Since you didn't provide information about the product or delivery, I assume it was a virtual item which is not covered by PayPal seller protection.  So you would automatically loose since there would be no on-line tracking to show delivery.  Buyer claims unathorized charge, there would be no PayPal seller protection.

If that isn't the case, then please provide details about the product and selling site?

If you had sold a physical product and it showed deliveried, then PayPal would reimbuse seller for the loss.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paxful is a site related to selling and buying bitcoins, so OP is pretty much out of gas. These types of sales are high risk for buyer complaints, disputes, chargebacks, and reversals.  You have to prepared to take a hit on em.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.