Lulugal

VLG
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a dress from Lulugal on November 22 so that it would arrive in plenty of time for Christmas. I received a "shipment notification" on December 3, after which I waited, finally asking (for the first of several times) "Where is my order?" on December 14. The answer I received then and subsequently--the last time on December 22--was "Wait one more week, and thank you for your patience." The package did finally arrive on December 24; however, the dress is the wrong color, only vaguely resembles what was pictured on the website and, of course, does not fit.  After investigating the possibility of returning it, I have discovered that it would cost me more--because Lulugal does not pay return costs--to send it back to China (I had no idea that these products originate in China) than I paid for the dress. I am disgusted by this entire experience, and I'd like to have my money returned, but it'll still be a loss for me should I attempt to send back the dress.

After disputing this with Paypal and not receiving a satisfactory answer from Lulugal, who offered me a whole $8.00 in compensation, I escalated it to a claim, and now I'm stymied because Paypal wants tracking information to show that I have sent the item back to Lulugal.  I haven't done that, because even with the munificent $8.00 compensation that Lulugal has offered, I will lose money on this deal because of the prohibitive shipping costs.  Beyond "Enter the tracking information" point of this dispute, there appears to be no way to comment further and say "I will not send it back.  It's useless to me as it exists, but I will incur a greater hit through the shipping charges than I have already sustained."

At this point, since I understand that my money is gone, the only possible satisfactory resolution I can see to this issue is some kind of guarantee from Paypal that they will no longer sanction purchases from Lulugal.  I am at fault for not having exercised due dilgence by reading the HUNDREDS of negative reviews of Lulugal (this is apparently a very common issue), but I regularly order online and have never experienced an unsolvable debacle of this magnitude.

Thoughts?

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

File PP dispute or credit card chargeback. If they get many of these then PayPal may limit their account, possibly permanently.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

itzachance
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal dispute is a joke. they take a month and then say " Tracking says you received the item" case closed

How do you do a chargeback?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@itzachance

Chargeback:  phone your credit card bank using the toll-free number on the back of your credit card.

Chose the option wisely as it may have a negative impact.

Login to Me Too

itzachance
Contributor
Contributor

Claim filed with my personal bank!

I wish Paypal was better with the claim resolution process. I have not been able to type in a written response or post pictures after the 1st day the claim was filed with Paypal.

Login to Me Too

VLG
Contributor
Contributor

The Better Business Bureau does not accept complaints against non-US companies, but you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission:  https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/GettingStarted?NextQID=251&Url=%23%26panel1-2#crnt

While it might not accomplish a great deal by submitting online reviews, doing so helps to warn other people about this iniquitous company, and it's also very cathartic.  Here are some links:

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.lulugal.com

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/lulu-gal-poor-quality-unethical-behavior-c829697.html

http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/lulugal.com#box-comment

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ifitstoogoodtobetrue/permalink/931798720300311/

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/lulugal.com

Login to Me Too

luv2boatnorcal
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem, they won't tell me how to return my items. Paypal is investigating, wish I'd have used my credit card with better protections.

Login to Me Too

mhaddad
New Community Member

The same happened to me. It is a shame that Paypal ignores all the bad reviews posted and still do business with this seller.  It is as if they are sponsoring this seller. I have bought from this seller because I trusted Paypal. I am considering cancelling my account with them. 

I have filed a dispute with Paypal. They finally said I could return the item for a full refund after they receive the item but I have to pay the shipping cost. Again I did not realize when I ordered that the seller is in China. After contacting shippers, I found out the shipping cost is one to two times the cost of the dress I bought.  There is also the issue of customs. 

Shame on you Paypal and Lulugal. Do not buy from them.

Login to Me Too

VLG
Contributor
Contributor

My credit card company initially refunded the cost of the purchase, but I have received another letter from them saying that Lulugal is disputing this because I did not return the dress.  I am, of course, preparing my rebuttal on the grounds that 1) the item was significantly not as described; and 2) the cost of returning it would be more than the purchase price.  While I do not expect to win this, I can at least cause Lulugal a bunch of administrative headaches as long as they keep fighting me on it.

Someone on Facebook posted something about a company called "StyleWe."  After looking at their website and--this time--reading online reviews, I said "I think this is Lulugal under another name."  Be warned, my friends.

Login to Me Too

itzachance
Contributor
Contributor

I disputed through Paypal first who ruled against me. Then my B of ACredit card and they did the same. I was surprised BofA ruled against me.  $37.00 for piece of crap sweater which looks not at all like the picture on LuLugal. What a ripoff!!!

Login to Me Too

erinartifacts
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal needs to be more aware of this scam retailer.  I was initially denied a refund because Lulugal says they asked me to send my items to China, and my USPS tracking says Maryland.  (I pestered Lulugal in their customer message center until they gave me an alternate address to ship to in Maryland.)  I've had to send screen shots of our conversations where they changed the address, and copies of my tracking receipt to PayPal.  The only way I was able to get PayPal to respond was calling them and speaking to a person.  When you call and the automated voice tells you your claim is closed (and doesn't give you other options) tell it to speak to a person.  This may not help if too much time has passed, but if someone reading this has just been denied, don't give up. Keep documents and screen shots of anything relevant.  This company is becoming an expert in taking advantage of people.  They have recently changed their name to Liligal because you can find so much relevant negative information about them with a quick Google search.

Please PayPal, do not do business with them!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.