How do I get appropriate resolution

lukyloki
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an espresso machine. When I received it, the portafilter was broken and the machine was for a much cheaper model than described. I opened a case in the Resolution and got a reply "in my favor"- to send the item back at my expense (circa $50) and the seller would refund my original purchase price. I do not want to return the merchandize to the seller. I will be out of the espresso machine and there isn't another machine available at this time. Why should I be punished for the seller's "mistake". I am willing to live with the machine not as described. However, the portafiller is broken and dangerous. The seller must have known it was broken; because it is obvious upon even casual inspection. So I want to have the portafilter either fixed, or a replacement portafilter sent to me at the seller's expense. If the ebay and paypal guarantee only mean that you will have your money returned when you return the item and there are no consequences for sellers who misrepresent their merchandise, it is not much of a guarantee. How do I keep the case open or dispute the decision made by the Resolution Center?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I suggest you read the user agreement that you agreed to when you joined paypal and CLEARLY STATES what protection you will get  >>>>>

PayPal Buyer Protection is neither a product warranty nor a service warranty. No guarantees are given.

PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Paypal have done EXACTLY what they said they would and you would have had a refund by now if you had just returned the item to the seller in the condition you received it. 

YOU obviously did not read the small section on buyer protection before you bought and checked how to qualify for that protection.

You chose to transact with that seller of choice and presumably took the risk of buying from a non-business seller. 

YOU chose to alter the item post delivery.

YOU did not want to send the item back to the seller so decided to keep it and expect the money AS WELL.

YOU probably would have won the dispute if you had not done the above.

Sometimes you have to take responsibility for your own actions and mistakes.

GOODBYE.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.