Has anyone else received this strange email?

Kurt321
Contributor
Contributor

Suspicious Transaction. Your account make a suspicious transaction, We've temporary limited your account due to this suspicious activity until the issue is resolved. If You didn't authorize this transaction, please dispute transaction soon. I Didn't Authorize This Purchase Here is transaction detail : To email : Transaction date : July 28 , 2017 Transaction amount : $50.4 USD Transaction ID : 1CB2DC175334PS5446223S Note :<removed> Please login to your account and provide the requested information to dispute this transaction before June 08, 2017. If we don't receive the requested information soon, We can't refund your money and your account may be closed without any notification. Sincerely, PayPal

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Kurt321
Contributor
Contributor
This claims to be from PayPal but I cannot find this transaction in my account. Also the link do any work. What is this about?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What is the REAL email address of the sender?

Are there any clickable links in the email?

Login to Me Too

Vickylance
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>

The above email address is the real email address of the sender.

The look and feel of the mail seems very legit but the email id is very suspicious. And the redirect email also seems like fraudulent.

First it is going to, 

<removed>

Then it is redirecting to,

<removed>

And it is asking everything from paypal account details to bank account details, to card details to address of my home. just to verify the account. I stopped when it asked for card details and bank details

Login to Me Too

Gigamonsters

YES SAME HERE IDK IF ITS REAL OR NOT

BUt I actually cant access my paypal account anymore

Capture.PNG

Login to Me Too

Guildenstern

I don't believe this can be real as I've received exactly the same email, with exactly the same amount, address in the note and transaction ID 

Does anyone have any other information? I note that the other links are correct, not sure about the link redirect to 'fix' the problem however

Login to Me Too

Vickylance
Contributor
Contributor

I can confirm that the above mail is a Phishing website and that its 100% fraudulent so please do not enter anything on that website so if in case you have entered anything in that website. Immediately change all those details in any other websites that you may have entered ASAP.

Login to Me Too

Guildenstern

Thanks very much!

Changed my paypal password just in case too

@Vickylance wrote:

I can confirm that the above mail is a Phishing website and that its 100% fraudulent so please do not enter anything on that website so if in case you have entered anything in that website. Immediately change all those details in any other websites that you may have entered ASAP.

Login to Me Too

Perryhdlp
Contributor
Contributor

ITS NOT REAL... If you look at the link the blue button sends you too is not paypal. For me its rebrand... I have no idea what rebrand is so I won't be clicking it to see any farther. If you have clicked the link please run a full scan on your system to check for any rootkits or keyloggers and change your password. Personally I havn't clicked the rebrand link and I am still in the process of doing a full virus scan as I type this (2 hours left Smiley LOL ). Just wanted to post this here for anyone confused if this is real or fake and too try and keep everyone safe.

Thanks Have a Great Day!

-Perryhdlp (Taylor)

Login to Me Too

Oruchi
New Community Member

I recieved this email today. I can confirm its fake

>>>>REMOVED<<<<

The message body contains >>>>THE ACTUAL ADDRESS<<<<, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post.

also if you do a google search on the address you get this as the top response

THIS THREED hrm.....

and a Bing search a little further down the list

pastebin mtRUDcG2

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.