Has anyone else received this strange email?

Kurt321
Contributor
Contributor

Suspicious Transaction. Your account make a suspicious transaction, We've temporary limited your account due to this suspicious activity until the issue is resolved. If You didn't authorize this transaction, please dispute transaction soon. I Didn't Authorize This Purchase Here is transaction detail : To email : Transaction date : July 28 , 2017 Transaction amount : $50.4 USD Transaction ID : 1CB2DC175334PS5446223S Note :<removed> Please login to your account and provide the requested information to dispute this transaction before June 08, 2017. If we don't receive the requested information soon, We can't refund your money and your account may be closed without any notification. Sincerely, PayPal

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Akrasiel
New Community Member

It's a Phishing Scam. They did this same thing with Apple a while back as well. Report it as a Phishing Scam to your E-mail provider and delete it. If you clicked the link provided, I would suggest maybe running a Virus Scan and maybe changing your Paypal Login to be safe if you logged into your account on their website or after visiting it (I've never clicked on the links, so I don't know what their website redirect looks like).

Login to Me Too

Zanery
New Community Member

Do not click anything inside these emails, it is SCAM, you will be charged with the ammount shown in the email, best thing to do is put it in your Junk folder / phishing scam folder. Check your account by going to Pay Pal's offical websight and check your account info to see if it does match said email, if it does not do so just eliminate the email itself.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.