PayPal allowedme to get scammed

iancook226
Contributor
Contributor
Sold a guitar amp for 750 dollars. Sent the item by courier and buyer receives it. Buyer then claims money back from PayPal. PayPal sent me an email saying respond in 10 days. I didn't open the email because utlooked like all those other PayPal dpams with virus. 11th PayPal sent me email demanding 750. I filed a dispute with all supporting documents proving buyer recieved. PayPal said no it's past the 10 day no response. So infact PayPal allows sellers to get scammed and the seller is the 1 who pays them. Their policy is criminal and provoking people to take the law into their own hands. I want to beat the crap out of this scammer and would like to give PayPal a big kick up the **bleep**. They are useless won't ever sell anything on PayPal again
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@iancook226

Nope you allowed yourself to be scammed.

Paypal gave you seller protection but YOU negated it because of this  >>

What are the eligibility requirements for PayPal seller protection?

You must meet all of these requirements to be covered:

1. The transaction is not ineligible under section 11.10.
  2. The transaction must be marked by PayPal as eligible or partially eligible for PayPal seller protection on your Account “Transaction Details” page. If it is marked eligible, protection for both Unauthorised Payments and Item Not Received will apply. If it is marked partially eligible, protection for only Item Not Received will apply.
  3. For tangible items, post the item to the shipping address on the “Transaction Details” page. If the item is delivered in person or if the Payment Recipient posts the item to a different address (for example, if the buyer asks that you send to another address on the basis that it is a “work address” or a “gift” address) then you will not be eligible for re-imbursement under the terms of the programme.

You may access the “Transactions Details” page by logging into your PayPal Account, selecting “History” and then selecting “Details” for the transaction.

1. You must follow the delivery requirements described below.
  2. You must accept a single payment from one PayPal Account for the purchase.
  3. You must respond to PayPal’s requests for documentation and other information that is reasonably required by PayPal to investigate the matter in a timely manner.
  4. Your primary residence, as listed in your PayPal Account, must be in a Relevant Country.
  5. Your eligibility is not otherwise suspended.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kassandra17

If you had 10 days to respond and you didn't open it until the 11th day then that's honestly your fault. I'm sorry but $750 is a lot of money just to be throwing around and not checking up on.  If I sold something for 750 I would be making sure everything was %100 on the level and all good before i just stopped paying attention to emails. This guy did something shady, no disputing that. But you have 10 days to resolve everything and if you decided not to do anything about it then you allowed yourself to be scammed. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.