Dispute between buyer and seller

peppersoft
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I am from India and I develop websites and mobile applications based on client's requirements. I had this client of mine who paid me a deposit through paypal and asked me to start a work. Now, after almost a week of work, he saw the result and tells me that he's not interested in this anymore and has raised a dispute to refund the entire money. How do I deal with this ? Since the day I received a deposit from him, I started working on this project. How can PayPal support me on this to get the claim resolved ? Any help or thoughts over this would be highly appreciated. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

In the end, I think you will be forced to refund all as you haven't delivered a finished product.

PayPal is not appriate payment method for deposits.  For  work requiring a deposit you need a contract which can be enforced through legal channels; PayPal is not that route.

Login to Me Too

peppersoft
Contributor
Contributor

Well.. That's bad then.. 😞

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

not much you can do,unless you can prove you have delivered the product with tracking.

next time,ask for western union.,wiretransfer,intl cashier check.

Login to Me Too

peppersoft
Contributor
Contributor

Sure man ! Will do the same.. Thanks for your advice... 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.