Question regarding purchase I made yesterday

ToniMc
New Community Member

Hello, If this is not the proper category for this question (actually questions), I do apologize. Yesterday my boyfriend and I got gas for his car, the station was busy and no receipt was offered to be signed. I mentioned this to my boyfriend but he just drove away saying maybe it was not necessary. I always have to sign when I use my paypal card, especially for gas.

So here is my worry, there is an authorization charge of one dollar pending. Is there any way to find out if the gas station is going to charge the exact amount (10.00) or if they are going to charge more which if they do the latter, will put me in a whole lot of trouble.

I should have never let my BF drive off like that but he was in a rush for us to get somewhere. Now I am concerned. Should I be? I did try calling PayPal but I was on hold for quite a while and then got disconnected.

I hope this is not too drawn out. I appreciate any advice or insight you can offer.

Thank you so much!

Toni~

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

is it a Paypal credit card or debit card?

the $1 is submiited for authorisation,not the actual charge.

The charge for gas should come in later,if you have used your Paypal business debit card,then teh amount would be deducted from your paypal fund,backed by bank account.

if you used a credit card,then it wil be charged to your credit card.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if they did not present a charge slip and make you sign for it,they either have no record of your purchase or if they do,they could just submit it without your signature .

If you think the amount is incorrect,you can file a chargeback.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.