DISPUTE FILED AGAINST ME WHEN I DID NOTHING WRONG

Brettcooper
Contributor
Contributor
On April 27th, I sold an item to a buyer off grailed.com using paypal. I provided tracking and the item was delivered and I received positive feedback from him on grailed. On july 14th (yesterday and nearly 3 months after delivery of the product), the buyer filed a claim stating that the purchase was an unauthorised purchase on his account. I have to appeal now... BUT THIS ISN'T MY FAULT. Why am I potentially having money taken away from me when I did nothing wrong? The item was bought, I delivered it to them in the same condition as was described. How does this have ANYTHING to do with me????
Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Information on grailed is irrelevant to PayPal; it has nothing to do with seller protecton.

On more point:  What was the product?  Does it qualify for seller protection?  Not all products do.

Login to Me Too

Brettcooper
Contributor
Contributor
The PayPal transaction ID said it was eligible for seller protection. The item was a pair of shoes. Never worn
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The transaction ID has no clue about what you are actually shipping; the User Agreement as a list of items which do not qualify.

Shoes do qualify, but are extremely high risk of dispute by some very savvy buyers.  That's why sellers need to be very knowledgeable and smarter than the buyers.

Login to Me Too

Brettcooper
Contributor
Contributor
But it was posted on grailed right away. So the buyer had it from day one
Login to Me Too

Brettcooper
Contributor
Contributor
Don't know if this means anything. But it says the buyer filed a claim with his financial institution... not me directly. And as a result, PayPal opened a dispute after receiving info of the issue from the buyers financial institution.
Login to Me Too

Brettcooper
Contributor
Contributor
The address on grailed and PayPal are the exact same. He just had a different name on PayPal than he did on grailed, which makes me believe he is a SCAMMER
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

so he filed a chargeback with the credit card issuer,if you lose ,there is  a $20 fee you have to pay.

His credit card issuer will decide who wins,so make sure Paypal covers you and pay the fine and the original payment if you lose.

You should also let Grailed knows about it.

Login to Me Too

Brettcooper
Contributor
Contributor
How Do I make sure PayPal covers me and pays my fine if I lose???
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if there is an appeal button,click on it,or you have to call Paypal and ask why arent you protected?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

have you talked to the buyer,sometimes buyer does not recall  what it is for?

sometimes they just need money and try to get some back?

does grailed do anything,since he left you feedback,I know Ebay will allow you to report him,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.