DISPUTE FILED AGAINST ME WHEN I DID NOTHING WRONG

Brettcooper
Contributor
Contributor
On April 27th, I sold an item to a buyer off grailed.com using paypal. I provided tracking and the item was delivered and I received positive feedback from him on grailed. On july 14th (yesterday and nearly 3 months after delivery of the product), the buyer filed a claim stating that the purchase was an unauthorised purchase on his account. I have to appeal now... BUT THIS ISN'T MY FAULT. Why am I potentially having money taken away from me when I did nothing wrong? The item was bought, I delivered it to them in the same condition as was described. How does this have ANYTHING to do with me????
Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

He is saying it aint him who bought the item using his Paypal account.

paypal seller protection for unauthorised transaction-

seller must prove he has shipped,not necessarily delivered,so up load your tracking if not there already

item must be eligible for protection,

look at the transaction and read the details.

Login to Me Too

Brettcooper
Contributor
Contributor
So if I upload the tracking number I will be okay? And yes that's what he's claiming. Find that hard to believe when he's had them for 3 months. I sold it over grailed, which says they protect their items. Am I **bleep** or will this end in my favour
Login to Me Too

Brettcooper
Contributor
Contributor
So if I upload the tracking number I will be okay? And yes that's what he's claiming. Find that hard to believe when he's had them for 3 months. I sold it over grailed, which says they protect their items. Am I **bleep** or will this end in my favour
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What were the details on the PayPal transation?

OK to ship?

Eligible for seller protection?

Did you ship to the buyer's address on the details page?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you add the postal service tracking number to the payment transaction?

Login to Me Too

Brettcooper
Contributor
Contributor
It says the item is eligible for seller protection. I shipped to the address that the user provided on grailed. The item was also delivered. I did everything right
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Is the tracking number added to the PayPal transaction?

Login to Me Too

Brettcooper
Contributor
Contributor
I will add the tracking number tonight
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

That may be an issue as the tracking number was supposed to be added at time of shipment.  That was so PayPal would have access to the tracking information as soon as needed.  Adding the tracking number at time of shipment is an extremely important requirement for seller protection.  If the tracking number is not there, the omission could be what you did wrong.

If you  comply with all requirements for seller protection (including the tracking number), then PayPal should reimbuse you for any refunds and charges related to an unauthorized claim.

The buyer's claim may fail; it is between PayPal and the credit card processor.  For now, just make sure the tracking number is on the transaction detail page.  When you use PayPal to create a label from the transaction, the tacking number is added automatically.

All you can do is wait until the disupte is settled.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.