Urgent help needed/ Will I get a refund?

joshbg1
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased some NFL memorabilia that was proved to be not authentic. I have overwhelming proof showing these goods are not real and am hoping PayPal will come through to refund me since this is a relatively large amount of money.

After the case opened Paypal requested documents which were sent in. However, they said they were unable to view these documents. After calling, they said to e-mail them to ica-na at paypal.com. It has been 3 days since I e-mailed them and I have received no response, no confirmation of receipt and the paypal site has not been updated with the new documents. Has anyone dealt with this ica email address? If so, what is the typical turnaround time? Is there a different email address I can use since this is quite urgent? IF not, am I better off faxing the documents? 

Customer service has not been able to give me additional information other than to try sending again, which I have 3 times and still not received confirmation.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

joshbg1
Contributor
Contributor

some more on this case

I bought "signed" NFL jerseys. I was told they were authentic. Upon receipt, I sent them to an authentication company called PSA. They let me know the jerseys are NOT authentic and the seller is denying this. Upon further research, the seller has multiple of this same item STILL on ebay! He has received numerous negative feedback saying the item received was not authentic. Clearly, this seller is a scammer and knows what product he has.

I have various different items of proof from PSA showing these are not real autographs. Would you expect this to be fully refunded?

Login to Me Too

joshbg1
Contributor
Contributor
I just sent the items back to the seller and bought the extra signature confirmation which can be seen on the receipt. I emailed this in and paypal STILL won't refund me. They need to confirm with usps my receipt is real which is absurd. Its listed on the site saying delivered! Furthermore, they also want additional confirmation from the scam seller. What if the seller just lies and says they didnt get it even though i have all the proof. HELP PLEASE!
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It depends on many issues and whether beleives the buyer or the seller.  PayPal has not seen the items and only evaluates what buyer and seller submit.  That's what is it so important follow the dispute process and submit all informatin via that process and then only return items if and when instructed to do so.

Just because you will have documented proof of return doesn't mean you will win.  Your win should have been determined before sinding items back.

Login to Me Too

joshbg1
Contributor
Contributor
That makes no sense. Paypal instructed me to send the items back and then the refund will be issued. The items were sent with proof and no refund has been issued.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you had stated very clearly earlier that PayPal instructed you to send them back, my response would have been different.  Baed on the previus postings I couldn't make sense about the chronological details of the dispute.

Login to Me Too

joshbg1
Contributor
Contributor

OK. So PayPal instructed me to send the items back and include signature confirmation. A little more back story so as to be as clear as possible :).

I first bought a jersey on ebay from this seller. Later on, I found out they had 3 more for sale and purchased these off ebay through goods and services. I found out all the jerseys were fake and immediately opened disputes as the seller would not cooperate and was clearly trying to scam me. PayPal granted me the disputes after I provided all proof and instructed me to send the items back to the seller. Note that 2 disputes were opened, the one from the one jersey through ebay and a disupute for the 3 from off of ebay. 

The ebay purchase was refunded as soon as the USPS site showed a "delivered" status.

The purchase from off of ebay is still "under review" despite having sent in the receipt showing a signature confirmation was purchased. PayPal is now saying this is insufficient proof (???? how is this insufficient?!?!) and they need confirmation directly from the seller. 

My main concern is that I am dealing with a known scammer. If they decide to lie and say they never got the package (they clearly did as the USPS site confirms this), then is PayPal going to not refund this, despite already giving me the money for the ebay purchase. I hope to have this resolved but I am not particularly confident as I am relying on the word of a liar.

Login to Me Too

joshbg1
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has refunded me. Justice!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.