Telephone Number on Account

laws11111
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone please advise!

I bought a bed and the arrangements for delivery had been confirmed. The sellers somehow found an old number and passed it onto the delivery company without asking me first.  Are they breaking any privacy rules for the delivery firm (turned up a day early) revealed my private address and information to someone (my address had been unknown to this person for months on purpose) who answered the old number. I cannot find this number on my account so cannot delete it. As the rules states,only email accounts should be revealed/shared!!!

Thank you

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

"The delivery company found and old number."  I assume it was a public records search.  There would not be privacy rules for informaiton already released to the public.

Login to Me Too

laws11111
Contributor
Contributor

DPCreations, not sure if your reply was for my post but no mention of public records or delivery firm searching for a number!

Having an ebay account, one would have assumed they made sure permission was granted first before passing on numbers, emails and so on! If ever I thought my bank passed on my account details, I could sue them!!!!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You provide no basis for how they found the information; much is available through public searches.

I'm not clear on specifics of your analysis of information collection and dessimination.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.