So frustrated

ALYSSALYNN
Recently got paypal, worked a little and got more deposited in my account. After using it a few times, all the sudden my account needs to be verified and is restricted? I email them, call them, and they ask for my social, which I provide, they still can't verify me? I call, give them my social, nope apparently still can't be verified. Email them my social, STILL will not verify me, yet, emailed back asking for a picture of my social which I had provided in the previous email. I'm so frustrated and stressed. I have bills and yet no one can help me whatsoever. Need help immediately. I would be forever grateful PP-005-017-132-801
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You may have just reached a level where verification was needed or have suspicious transactions.  So, first review all your recent transactions and compare with PayPal policies.

Once you submit all required documention PayPal will then begin a review of your acocunt and determine what to do.  It will likely take at least several days.

If you disclose details about your recent transactions and account basics someone may be able some suggestions.

Login to Me Too

ALYSSALYNN
All I did was use it in an app game a few times. Nothing serious. I got a Paypal Card today and when I called to activate it, they say it was declined because I need to be verfied by SSC. So I emailed my case number and SSC and they emailed back asking for the same thing I had just sent them. I'm not sure what to do. I'm very new to all of this.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Alll you did was use an app game a few times.  That is very serious and enough to trigger account secuity alerts with potential pemanent limitations.  PayPal sees such activities as very high risk and wants to make sure PayPal does not lose any funds, so extra security for you acocunt must be in place to make sure PayPal can retrieve funds from your account and backup funding if necessary.  PayPal will also take extra seccurity measures to verify your identity and makes sure you will not violate and money laundering regulations.  I think the future of your account is in jeopardy.

For your own account benefit in case your account limitation is lifted, suggest you stay away from such acitivities and anything related to virtual items.

Login to Me Too

ALYSSALYNN
Will I be able to get my account back at all?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Alll you can do is provide PayPal with the information requested.  PayPal will have the final decision.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.