Seller wants me to cancel claim before he refunds me

hfcs
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a dispute in the resolution center to get refunded from a seller who was ignoring my emails.

In the resolution center the seller/company told PayPal that they would refund me, but at the same time "Seller escalated this dispute to a Claim."

The seller then emailed me to say that thay will refund me once I cancel the claim that they initiated.

I am very concerned that once I cancel the claim they will never pay me, and PayPal can no longer help me.

Current status is "Being reviewed by PayPal...we'll contact you with any developments or if we require additional information from you by Aug 25, 2016."

If I wait it out will PayPal force the refund?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You opened a dispute for a purpose; stick with the dipute and PayPall will complete the process and get your refund if that is the outcome.

If you close the dispute prematurely, as requested by seller, it means you are happy with the current status; nothing more will happen--no refund and no more for PayPal to do.

If you didn't trust the seller before, why would you even think you should trust the seller now?

Why are you even having this discussion with the seller now?  It's been escalated to a case now; duscussions with seller are done.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.