Refund to seller did not go through

ColtMrFire
New Community Member

Case #PP-005-051-688-956

I did business with a buyer a couple weeks ago.  He sent me two payments but then changed his mind and asked for a refund.  One of the refunds for $15 did not go through.

I called PayPal and the gentleman said I did not have the 30 cents or so to cover the fee so they requested the full amount from my bank, which I did not have in my bank account, so it was declined.  He said to call my bank and tell them to refuse the following charge and he would put a credit on my account to cover the fee and get this guy his refund.

At one point a couple days ago there was $20 on my balance, then I bought something for around $65 and paid with PayPal who took most of it from my bank and around $6 from my PayPal account.  At this time I did not realize the refund was STILL not resolved (even though I had a $20 balance, enough to cover the $15 refund).  Then I noticed I had a ZERO balance even though PayPal only took $6 for the recent purchase.  So now I received a claim dispute from the seller over the refund since apparently he STILL did not get it.  What happened to the remainder of the $20???  And why did he not get his refund???

I would like to resolve this.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Call PayPal again.  This is a user forum, we can't know what happened as we do not have access to people's accounts or the back end technical stuff.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

A word to the wise,always keep more money in your accounts ,make life easy for yourself and sleep better at night.

when you went to refund your buyer $15,Paypal wants 30 cents to issue a credit transcation to your buyer credit card ,so you need to have 15.30 in your paypal account,but you obviously do not have $15.30,you have $15.

The rest of your saga has to do with you not having enough fund here and there,so plan accordingly,always leave something in your account to cover emergency like chargeback,dispute,bubonic plaque,earthquake,Zika virus.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.