How to report a website fraudulently using PayPal?

krisdin
Contributor
Contributor

I recently was the victim of fraud from a website that is fraudulently using paypal's name. I lost a $100.00 to them a nobody seems to want to help me out with this matter. How to report fraudulent websites to paypal? Thanks for the help.

Kris

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/topic/FRAUD

Who did you contact for help in the matter?  How did the fraud occur?  ie. Did seller tell you to send payment via Friens& Family option? 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

krisdin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I went to buyvirtualcard.biz also know as e-currency exchange and they advertise paying thru paypal. They said go to offgamers.com buy rixty card from them using PayPal, I bought $100.00 in rixty card codes. I placed an order with them to buy visa gift cards. I placed my order sent them the Rixty card as payment, I haven't received my visa cards and now my rixty cards are now depleted. I talked to offgamers.com and they claim that there not involved and have no affiliation with them. I find that hard to believe considering they charge you a fee for using PayPal, offgamers profited approx $10.00 of the transaction. Apparently they are using PayPal name fraudulently and visa as well and rixty. I would like to email paypal to tell them about this situation, I also have proof, screenshots, emails and order numbers. I tried getting a paypal support email but can't find it on there site. All I can find is a telephone number and I need to send them proof via email. Thanks for your help.

Kris

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Best to carefully review PayPal policies for accepted use and protection.

You are at EXTREME HIGH RISK when you purchase virtual items.  You are at EXTREME HIGH RISK when you use family/friends/gift option for purchasing any items.

You could attempt to recover funds if you have a PayPal transcation for the purchase.

If there is no PayPal transation, then there is nothing you can do for recovery.

You could phone PayPal custoemr service if you want ot informm PayPal.  Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page for options.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.