France ********* the scammer!!!

Bekz84
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sent an invoice to a france ********* thinkin he wanted to purchase my car i have for sale.. I cancelled the invoice in less than 12 hours of sending it as i figured out it was a scam of some sort.. Now im paranoid as im not sure if my address is on an invoice or any other details!! 😕 please help put my mind at rest..!!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Bekz84 -

Welcome to the boards!

What information is going to show on an Invoice is determined when you created the Invoice template.  If you log in and view the details of the invoice you sent in your History, you'll  be able to see what information you chose to display to the other member.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Bekz84
Contributor
Contributor
Oh dear!! It does, ive just checked.. Im worried now!! But thank you for your reply 🙂
Login to Me Too

Lightspeeda
Contributor
Contributor

Even if he got your address, I don't think there's really much he could do with it.

If your customer was indeed a fraudster, I think it's rather unlikely that he's going to drop in for a personal visit after attempting fraud.

If he wasn't a fraudster, he's probably just scratching his head and will leave it at that.

You don't have anything to worry about, in my honest opinion.

Login to Me Too

Bekz84
Contributor
Contributor
I thought that myself.. If he was tryin to swindle me an got caught he will probs just move on to his next victim.!! Cheers 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.